Quick update a year later

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TellTaleHeart

Well, maybe a year and 6 weeks later🥴. I guess it’s a reflection that I no longer obsess about the little piece of cow and Dacron holding my circulatory system together that I blew by the anniversary, but remembering how a year ago I thought the worst when people no longer posted here, well here I am🥳. Generally feeling well overall, cardiologist was happy with my latest checkup. Ongoing daily meds (losartan, verapamil, baby aspirin) are easily manageable. I do worry more about COVID and the flu, but I have ventured into indoor arenas and flown commercial; not anywhere near as daring as some here, but my life goes on. Those of you either about to undergo or have recently undergone the procedure, yeah it is about as scary as it can be, but know that the odds are heavily in your favor. Blessings to all!

Well, maybe a year and 6 weeks later🥴. I guess it’s a reflection that I no longer obsess about the little piece of cow and Dacron holding my circulatory system together that I blew by the anniversary, but remembering how a year ago I thought the worst when people no longer posted here, well here I am🥳. Generally feeling well overall, cardiologist was happy with my latest checkup. Ongoing daily meds (losartan, verapamil, baby aspirin) are easily manageable. I do worry more about COVID and the flu, but I have ventured into indoor arenas and flown commercial; not anywhere near as daring as some here, but my life goes on. Those of you either about to undergo or have recently undergone the procedure, yeah it is about as scary as it can be, but know that the odds are heavily in your favor. Blessings to all!
20 months in. Is that the Dacron anniversary? Haven’t been on for awhile. Still true I no longer think about it daily. When I do reflect, I am reminded how astoundingly fortunate I am to have been granted another chance. Still taking same medications: losartan, verapamil, baby aspirin, supplemented with a large daily dose of vitamin D which I am convinced help keep COVID and flu at bay. Cardiologist is happy so I am too. Only annoyance has been getting occasional pimples/whiteheads on the scar tissue if I’m not assiduous about cleansing. My next psychological hurdle is to travel outside the country, still an (unreasonable) fear.
So I’m really just here to support and reassure those nervously waiting their turn. Give it a few months after they sew you back up and heavy odds are you will be amazed at how good you feel! Blessings to all!

Latest posts

Back