Questionable Echocardiogram report - Ever have this something like this???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a friend once who was asked at her company physical by a male doctor: "Ever been pregnant:?" "No." "Are you sure?"

But hey, doctors are humans and make mistakes, forget or do stupid things...just like me: :)

Could it be they want to charge for the more expensive test?

Oy vey! I will have to take a close look on what is submitted to my insurance & bill for that once I get it.

Btw, I mentioned this new weirdness to my PCP b4 I saw the cardiologist, was trying to illustrate all of the strange confusion by this practice (like the incorrect echo report I already told him about) and his take on it was that it was not worth bothering the cardiologist about, and that this happens all the time because whoever fills out the chart/record chooses the first thing that comes up in the computer relating to "echocardiogram" thus misclassifying it as and echo stress test.

The computer system in use by my PCP & the hospital are one and the same btw, both part of the same healthcare system (I don't know if the cardiologist uses the same thing or not) but I already pointed out to the hospital that my "nuclear stress test" was wrong on my PCP's paperwork and the hospital scheduler confirmed this - that system calls it a "stress REST": instead of a "stress TEST". The mind shudders to think of what other errors our great healthcare systems are riddled with. As I've probably said b4 up here "don't get me started"....

I've had errors in my medical records, but none as severe as yours. You may want to check with your medical insurance company to make sure that someone isn't using your identity or social security number to perpetrate insurance fraud.
Sometimes medical doctors or assistants will put down misinformation. I have with my present hospital so many health related issues, saying it began when I started going to them, but it was years before, or got mixed up on when I quit smoking, or how I only occasionally drink. Crazy stuff that will be corrected in time.

More than that even. Anyone that just takes Drs at their word is a fool. You need to constantly stay on top of your care and take an active roll, try to understand what they are saying and ask intelligent questions. Every time I haven't I have been burned in one way or another. Of course to some Drs that just makes you a "problem patient" which they feel is a license to then treat you with disdain and ignore anything you say or ask. Don't get me started, I could go on and on and on and on and on....
It is very important to be as proactive as you can. I did almost at the beginning at the pandemic. I was having weeping edema( I did not know it at the time, just that the weeping kept going on and on). I then went a month and could not take it anymore and called the hospital to get into my clinic for them to look, had an intern that went nuts and then I went nuts. He was talking about surgery and then physical Therapy, He was an intern, still wet behind the ears on training to be a doctor. Then I went a few days later to the lab I go for my protime. As we waited for the results, they noticed the gauze on my legs and wanted to take a look. OMG! They referred me to wound care. From there, I finally got the care I have needed for years, 30 plus years. Mostly all those years, primary care doctors would call it DVT or just inflammation and give me antibiotics. Now getting treatment, trying something. Better than getting pills and told to stay off my feet. When I have to care for a dog. LOL!. But love being proactive and learning new things to ask about. I love telling my edema story cause it took years for someone to run tests and figure out the puzzle without the guessing.

Back