Question on Brown Urine and Taking Today's Warfarin Dose

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doctor "phone call" will be today, was canceled yesterday, from there i guess he will email me requisiitons for tests, probably will find out more by end of next week after tests are done; Had a right back pain last nights and several runs to washroom with some disolved clots, this morning pain is almost gone; makes think that maybe this is stones related; But, i am glad i raised my INR to 2.4 because while on 2 it was very painful to pass the clots; and discharge remain the same; The "Flu " on the air is the problem, bad timing for me;

I am a physician in the US. I am very aware of the significant flaws in the US overall heath care system. I have been struggling to decide on what type of changes I want to support for our system. The Canadian model is one that is frequently mentioned. Your story of having urinary tract bleeding for a week or so without being evaluated is one reason I have not been very enthusiastic about going toward the Canadian model. It sounds like no one cares unless you are about to die. I have heard and seen first hand stories somewhat similar to yours. Maybe if you have a stone and get infected and get a kidney infection while they diddle you might get their attention. If you keep getting put off go to the emergency department.

Seriously? How many in the US get sick and look at their account and have to risk rent/eviction or medical care or food or meds? Is that waiting too and sometimes in vain because the bills will not pause.
Every time I go to the doctor and they ask me for my insurance information, i feel guilty.

Seriously? How many in the US get sick and look at their account and have to risk rent/eviction or medical care or food or meds? Is that waiting too and sometimes in vain because the bills will not pause.
Every time I go to the doctor and they ask me for my insurance information, i feel guilty.
As I said there are serious flaws in the US health care system. There are a variety of other models to choose from. Canadian, British, French, German and others . Assuming I had coverage in the US and someone called me about new urinary tract bleeding and I put them off for a week I might have to call my malpractice carrier.
So I am not ready to jump onto the Canadian model. But I strongly agree that the current US system needs a major overhaul. The problem is exactly how to do that.

Updates: Got requisitions for "Ultrasound imaging and lab test, but, labs are not working as before the virus from china came, so maybe in 2 weeks will get an appointment; hoping next week, in the mean time, after 17 days dealing with this, got back pain past 2 oe 3 days, some heavy discharge, makes me think "stones", increasing the INR, ( my idea) did help to not pass Clots so no pain, last night was not bad, today blood in urine is minimal, passed from red to light color, probably by the time the Ultrasound appointment comes there are no stones left, or if there are i am hoping something can be done; As per "system", well, Canadian system is very much like that of a Soviet Block medicine, "is there" for you, but you have to wait, unless you are from the 1% class members of the ruling political party; BUT, if was not because of the Chinese Virus, i would have gone to the hospital 2 weeks ago, and at the hospital , you do receive the care after more or less long wait, but you get it, and if you are between life and death then you get rushed up for sure; For me, comparing this system to a Soviet Block medical system, there are no differences; just better technology. For all i can see "today" my body seems to be returning to normal, Also , ex wife called me and recomended i drank a concotion of folk medicine for stones, and i did; we shall see what happens.

I've been on it for 8 years. My INR is supposed to be between 2.5 and 3.5. It is common for me to be at 4.0 or higher at times. There is no need to be scared of blood in your urine. Usually it is something you drank, ate or medicine that causes it. Just think what you have done or changed and don't do it again. Reduce or skip one days dose and learn from it. Wit me it is tomatoe juice. Makes me pee blood every time so I don't drink it.

I've been on it for 8 years. My INR is supposed to be between 2.5 and 3.5. It is common for me to be at 4.0 or higher at times. There is no need to be scared of blood in your urine. Usually it is something you drank, ate or medicine that causes it. Just think what you have done or changed and don't do it again. Reduce or skip one days dose and learn from it. Wit me it is tomatoe juice. Makes me pee blood every time so I don't drink it.

Blood in the urine is not normal and from what I've been told is not due to what you eat. I've been on warfarin for 7 years but never had blood in the urine due to warfarin. Maybe it's not blood you're seeing but just a dark color? For me blood in the urine is pink or when really bad, pink with tiny visible clots...even though I'm on warfarin.

Update:
.......?
She called me today, Thursday, and it seems I have a kidney stone! A relatively large kidney stone!

Just a little bump, or I should say, stone in the road!

Hope you’ll feel better soon. Keep us posted.

Re gum and teeth. I brush and floss after each meal, use water pick, spend time before bed in front of magnifier mirror to make sure I’m flossing well. Still, I need to go to the dentist every three month. But I don’t do deep cleaning/scaling since my gum is already low.
My latest hygienist gave me an advice: while sitting in front of TV, brush my teeth (without toothpaste) in a very gentle circular motion using a very soft tooth brush. I’m buying kids soft toothbrushes for this purpose. My gum is healthier and my teeth are cleaner!

Latest posts

Back