Question on bradycardia and tachycardia

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NattyD

Hi - you were so helpful on my first post, I’ll ask another question . I meet with my surgeon this week to finalize surgery plans for a bicuspid aortic valve replacement . For several months (or longer) I’ve struggled with bpm changes - even when sitting. I just finished wearing a heart monitor for two weeks and was diagnosed with bradycardia and tachycardia. My usual bpm is about 60-70 but I’ll spike several times a day as low as 40 and even more times all day long high, 140 plus with bpm at 175 - 200 not uncommon . I usually feel heart racing and short of breath when I’m over 140 and just sitting at my cubicle ( I’m a full time mfg quality engineer). Any insight to this? Is this something anyone else had? Will surgery help address? I’m not clear on whether this is even related to my pending surgery or not . I’m a statistician by training and find myself getting into the weeds too much sometimes, looking for data , cause/correlation . I’ve sworn off all medical papers I’ve tried to digest and decided I’d see what this forum could offer before my surgery . Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back