Quantcast

Question Mitral Valve

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

calguy

Mitral valve question. My wife had a mitral valve replaced in November 2018 and was told by both Doctors that she would fill a lot stronger after the new valve is in. She had it done at Cedars Hospital in Los Angeles by ALferdo Trento who is suppose to be the top Dog there. Since then she has had many test as to why she's tired all the time and tells me she would never have had it done if she knew how she would fill after. Has anyone had this problem? She has has many test to see why, but no answer. So if any of you know anything that might help shoot me a line. Thanks P/S. We been together just under 50 years and I hate the last one's to be like this. Help Wanted.

Debster

My mom had her mitral valve replaced when she was 65...she will be 80 this fall. It took a long time for her to recover. Two things helped her feel better-one was a biventricular pacemaker-it helped her heart beat in sync. Also was the medication coreg. I believe both helped her feel better and helped remodel her heart which at surgery time was enlarged and very weak. At her echos her ejection fractions are now normal. Best wishes to your wife-keep us posted!

dornole

Is she on any beta blockers? I was after my mitral repair and it made me feel half dead (my blood pressure is normally 100/60 regardless). Once they took me off those, I felt a lot more energetic. I did also get immediate relief from the surgery, but then, stopping coughing up blood is a big lifestyle plus.

Debster

Is she on any beta blockers? I was after my mitral repair and it made me feel half dead (my blood pressure is normally 100/60 regardless). Once they took me off those, I felt a lot more energetic. I did also get immediate relief from the surgery, but then, stopping coughing up blood is a big lifestyle plus.
Currently no..she is also on Losartan for bp, lasix...she was on beta blockers I believe years ago before surgery-I think atenolol..

ejc61

Mitral valve question. My wife had a mitral valve replaced in November 2018 and was told by both Doctors that she would fill a lot stronger after the new valve is in. She had it done at Cedars Hospital in Los Angeles by ALferdo Trento who is suppose to be the top Dog there. Since then she has had many test as to why she's tired all the time and tells me she would never have had it done if she knew how she would fill after. Has anyone had this problem? She has has many test to see why, but no answer. So if any of you know anything that might help shoot me a line. Thanks P/S. We been together just under 50 years and I hate the last one's to be like this. Help Wanted.
What was her age of surgery? I'm guessing over 65. Like the others have said, the initial beta blockers and there were several made me tired and irritable for the first month. Can I assume she follows up with her cardio? I would be frustrated also and would ask the cardio for some direction.

catwoman

VR.org Donator
VR.org Supporter
Do you have a list of the tests she has undergone since her valve surgery and what the results were? Also, who ran or ordered the tests (cardiologist or family doctor).
And specifically how does she feel? Does she feel better than before her surgery? Is she out of breath? How does she feel when she gets up in the morning? Does she take a nap during the day?

What other conditions does she have (arthritis, diabetes, etc.)?

Does she have blood pressure issues? What RXes and OTCs does she take?

Latest posts