QAS Coaguchek-Need help to obtain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Laura

Although I review the site often, I haven't posted in a while. I am now in need of some assistance. Upon hearing all the wonderful praise of the Coaguchek, I submitted to my insurance company to purchase one myself. They denied the request however QAS is suggesting I appeal the decision. Could use some help with how you obtained your machines. Apparently I need to convince the insurance company of the importance of the machine for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

It's great to see all the care and compassion on this site!

Hi Laura,

I submitted my request for reimbursement for my Protime machine 4 times and I was denied 4 times. My insurance company simply refused to pay.
I already bought my machine in January and thought they would reimburse me. Also my doctor at that time refused to say that it was "medically necessary" for me to have the machine. You have to ask your doctor to say that, and maybe, than maybe they will pay. But some just don't.
Eventhough they did not pay, I am still very happy that I have my machine. I have a new doctor now, and he's great. I do a test once or twice a week (when necessary) and call it in to his office, and they call me back the same day. No more hassles. No more stress.

I wish you luck!

Christina
Aortic Stenosis
AVR's 8/7/00 & 8/18/00
St.Jude's Mechanical
Coumadin 20mg a day.

ProTime System

ProTime System

Dear Laura,

Getting denied on the first precert from insurance is ordinary. Alot of the time, the insurance company hasn't heard of the device and are uneducated as to the benefits of self testing. Were we helping you get approved? Our insurance staff is very experienced with getting the monitors approved, so we would be glad to help you. Please give us a call and allow us to help with the appeal. Thanks for you interest, and have a good day.

Lance

My insurance hadn't heard of the pt machine when I asked if it was covered. The service providing the first machine I got (avosure, went out of business) did all the paperwork for me,and my cardiologist said it was medically necessary.
Luckily, before my insurance paid for the pt system I found out that they went out of business and called my insurance and told them not to pay for it. Avosure told me that the bankruptcy agreement stated that they had to reimburse the companies that supplied it so I wasn't worried about that.
So, I contacted QAS and Lance did all the work again for me, my insurance paid for my protime machine. They pay for people to test their blood sugar so that's why they paid for this machine, because it was necessay for my health.
Keep writing letters to your insurance and hopefully they will pay for one in due course!
Gail

Back