Q12/22/22

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made it to the other side! Woo hoo.! I’m in a ton of pain, I miss my daughter, but I’m getting there.
Congratulations and welcome to the club! As Azatadine said, the first few days are the worse. After that, each day brings you one step closer to full recovery. It seems like forever when you‘re going through it but looking back, I’m amazed how quickly I returned to my normal activities.

Well done! Welcome to the other side!

As others have said, the first few days are the most challenging and it will get progressively easier with time.

I would encourage you to celebrate every small step of recovery as a victory! Before you know it you'll be feeling yourself again!

Can you link some of the INR posts please?
you mean mine on my blog?

This is everything, but of course Blogger puts them "newest first" so you may want to go to the bottom and work you way up.

This is the more "typical academic" view.

I'm just having lunch, but its Christmas in Australia and so the roads are quiet ... naturally I'm taking advantage of that like any good warfarin patient would

1671930697144.png
1671930735461.png

the bike is a little 390cc single KTM Duke:

1671931049981.png

The scenery and roads perfect for a fun ride.

1671930825278.png

I hope the convalescence is going well

Shout out if you want more "other literature to read" ...

Best Wishes

I was so out of it, lonely and depressed immediately post-op, (1 year and 9 months ago) that just seeing familiar movies on TV in the hospital was so reassuring (it was Dances with Wolves & Mrs Doubtfire, haha) and miraculously pulled me out of my worry and fear. And I’ve never been a big TV person at all - but I was so grateful for the distraction, the reminder that life goes on, you know?

But you are already ready to learn about self-managing INR!? What a determined, resilient trooper! Good for you, and best of luck for your recovery. :)

But you are already ready to learn about self-managing INR
The Mayo clinic did a study years back where they introduced patients to self testing and I think some to self management. All except one patient was doing well after 3 months (and apparently that patient who was doing well stopped because their GP told them to stop 🤷‍♂️)

I was so out of it, lonely and depressed immediately post-op, (1 year and 9 months ago) that just seeing familiar movies on TV in the hospital was so reassuring (it was Dances with Wolves & Mrs Doubtfire, haha) and miraculously pulled me out of my worry and fear. And I’ve never been a big TV person at all - but I was so grateful for the distraction, the reminder that life goes on, you know?

But you are already ready to learn about self-managing INR!? What a determined, resilient trooper! Good for you, and best of luck for your recovery. :)
Thank you! It’s been hard with my 5 year old daughter not able to come visit. And the anesthesia problem I had Monday has prolonged my stay. Crossing everything for a release Tomorrow. If not hopefully Tuesdays. My daughter has been so sad which makes MeSad!

I get to go home today. The doc said in oils stay another day if I wanted to but everything looks good. I’m just nervous. I’ll be resting mostly tonight and walking as able. They’re trying to figure home health right now but I guess offices have been closed due to the holiday.

Latest posts

Back