PT3 from 2002

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon

Just wanted to know the life expectancy of my PT3 model. I took my INR about 10 minutes after the lab draw yesterday. I got 1.9 and I found out this morning that the lab got 2.6. I had gotten a 1.9 a few weeks ago and thought that it was either because I started taking ester Vit C -500 mg, or because I was testing while the machine was recharging. Now I'm wondering if it could be the machine. I know about lab testing and the home testers possible differences (I thought .5 is the range difference)- but I've NEVER gotten such a big difference before. Thanks for your help.
Sharon
St Judes AVR 4/97

Not sure about the PT3 but I would get concerned with any calibration between lab and home unit that is more than .4 off. I do calibrations once or twice a year to keep my doctor happy and it is always within .3. For the last one (about 2 weeks ago) the lab was 2.9 and my INRatio was 3.1.

You can always test on a non-AC volunteer. Their results should be no more than 1.1.

Back