ProTime 3 home tester

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon

Hi Everyone,

I have a ProTime 3 home tester that I bought in 2002. It seems to be working fine. I don't need it anymore because my cardiologist does it for us in his office for free (I paid for the machine and all of my tests out of pocket as my health insurance co. wouldn't pay for any of it.). I've been going for a couple of years now and am quite happy with the results. If anyone would like to have it, all you have to do is pay for the postage - ups - in advance. I have the original box and all the manuals too.

Sharon

AVR St. Judes 1997

That's a very generous offer. I also have a ProTime 3 -- and over the years, I've been happy to help others out by sending them ProTime 'Classic' meters. My ProTime 3 just recently stopped holding a charge (but replacement batteries are supposed to be available and are supposedly pretty easy to install).

For anyone interested in this meter, be advised that it's supposed to be one of the most accurate, because it measures an actual clot (and not an electrical change in chemical/blood mixture on the strip). The strips cost between $125 and $150 (or so) for 25, and the five channel are supposed to be more accurate than the three channel strips.

These machines ask you to discard the first drop of blood (unlike the other meters), and use the blood that you get later. The strips also require more blood than is typically needed for InRatio, CoaguChek XS or Coag-Sense. With a little practice, the meter is pretty easy to use.

If you get this meter, and need any operating advice, PM me. Until my battery died, I was using it as part of my routine comparing results from different meters.

Latest posts

Back