Pro Time Passes The Test!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djacq

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
What a week end. Local hospital lab gave me a 6 plus INR. Everyone paniced. Drs' wanted me to hold coumadin fir the week end. The Pro Time was giving me a 3.5.

I didn't listen to the Docs but cut dose in half and indulged in vegs high in Vit K.

Monday, I went back to my old lab and my machine's INR was the same as theirs 2.7! Good thing I didn"t hold the coumadin.

What a thrill to be able to trust my machine.

Bad part is that I need to go to that same hospital soon for a bridging to heparin for ONE WEEK for a routine colonoscopy. I can hardly trust their lab now.

Well, it was routine until this week end when that same hospital lab showed a hgb of 9.8 which is registering a bleeding concern.

I was refused my appeal by BC to pay 100 % of my testing strips. I can't believe it as they would rather pay $45.00 for a totally unreliable test at the hosp. Going to try to reappeal as I think it is gross ignorance on their part. Especially frustrating given the state of BC in RI!!!

Think of you all often,

Donna

I still hate lab testing. The results vary too greatly. I'd sure like to know the rational behind it all. Why do Doctors trust those results over everything else?
During my CHF testing, I tested at home and got a 3.6 and went to the lab and for once, they were at least in the ball park with 3.3. Usually it's some extremely low figure like 1.7 out of them.

Donna:

Odd: That BC of Rhode Island will apparently pay for you to be admitted to a hospital for 1 week for heparin drip B4 colonoscopy, yet not pay for your testing strips... Does not make sense. Have you pointed that out to them?

Latest posts

Back