Preworkout supplements after aortic valve replacement?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you use a preworkout product after an aortic valve replacement?

• I would use it very carefully

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • NO WAY!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, 2 scoops as usual.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I rather have 1 cup of coffee

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

dg80

I know it may not sound clever but after an aortic valve replacement, with a mechanical valve that works great, heart looking good in ultrasound, bp and hr in range with betablockers and ACE-inhibiters,Warfarin in range etc.
No signs of heart failure and everything working great, is it ok to use preworkout products again?
I mean if the heart is fixed and working better than a "normal" heart i think the risks must be reduced instead of higher than a "normal" heart. Or am i wrong?
I know no cardiologist would tell me its ok to use Jack3d or similar products,but whats your opinion on it?
Anybody here have used preworkout supplements after aortic valve replacement?

Well when it comes to Jack3d, I'd say why risk it given: "A sports supplement popular with fitness fanatics has been banned in Britain because of fears it may have lethal side-effects. The drink Jack3D contains a stimulant known as DMAA (dimethylamylamine) that has been linked to high blood pressure, headaches, vomiting, stroke and even a death "

My feeling, as a someone with scientific training and profession, is that diversity and moderation in what you eat and drink is the key to health. There is no magic compound, food, or drink that will bring health and long life, plus too much of a good thing can kill you :) Supplements are a way to separate money from people.

My cardiologist said essentially the same thing. He told me not to take the vitamins and Omeg3 supplements that he recommended when my bicuspid valve was stenotic and failing. He told me to take no dietary supplements w/o calling his nurse. He said the same goes with any OTC or prescription drugs not on my current list of medications. Being an arrogant bastard, for new drugs I ask the prescribing doctor if it's OK with warfarin, but also check it with current product literature but I rarely call the nurse. For example, I know if I get an antibiotic I need to test my INR in a couple of days. I don't need to ask the nurse to tell me the same thing.

Latest posts

Back