Preparing to go to the FDA

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the effort, Tom. Perhaps if you put the first half of the link on one comment, and the second half in the second comment, the system won't detect the cookies.

My issue may not just be arthritis in the knees (although MRIs show that it's probably an issue). The problem that I'm having may be a ganglion cyst that has probably shifted the kneecap and some ligaments, making it painful to fully straighten the leg, and is forcing the muscles to adjust to the new geometry caused by the cyst. I haven't had this thing examined by an Orthopedist - I'm still waiting for the HMO to approve my visit to an Orthopedist withing the group.

But, again, thanks for the attempt to provide the link.

No. That's why I suggested how to list a link so that the system accepts it. The message on your post says " Knee: Error - Cookies Turned Off Li " You may want to try putting the first part of the link in your message, plus a bit of text, followed by the second half. And the extension might work if you spell out the name - for example, dotcom or dotedu, or something like this, so the system doesn't recognize it as an unauthorized link.

No. That's why I suggested how to list a link so that the system accepts it. The message on your post says " Knee: Error - Cookies Turned Off Li " You may want to try putting the first part of the link in your message, plus a bit of text, followed by the second half. And the extension might work if you spell out the name - for example, dotcom or dotedu, or something like this, so the system doesn't recognize it as an unauthorized link.
Google and Duck Duck Go are your friends.
I entered
"2019 American College of Rheumatology/Arthritis Foundation Guideline for the Management of Osteoarthritis of the Hand, Hip, and Knee"
and got a list of links. The first one hit was the pdf that I could then download.
The URL it gave me was
"https:"
//
www.rheumatology.org
/Portals/0/Files/
Osteoarthritis-Guideline-Early-View-2019.pdf
if you just search for
Osteoarthritis-Guideline-Early-View-2019.pdf
or
2019 American College of Rheumatology/Arthritis Foundation Guideline for the Management of Osteoarthritis of the Hand, Hip, and Knee
it should pop up.
Now I have to go read it. : - (
Walk in His Peace,
Scribe With a Lancet

The suspicion is that I may have a ganglion cyst. It seems to (maybe) be resorbing back into the tissues. If it doesn't get angry again, perhaps I've bought a bit of time. I've looked at a link or two about ganglion cyst in the knee, and some of it seems to apply to my knee. These symptoms may apply to any arthritic knee, as far as I know. You can find almost anything on the Internet and convince yourself that you've got the plague. But - the papers, and my PCP's concerns, seem to point to this damned thing (that I may need surgery for).

I'll be seeing a surgeon next Wednesday to check it out.

Thanks for the links.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back