Pre surgery process seems rushed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh! One more thing - try & remember to stretch before the surgery, so you’ll have less neck and shoulder pain after (I guess it’s from them arranging your body how they want it on the operating table.)
Great advice! In surgery, our shoulders and necks are put in what would be very uncomfortable positions and kept there for hours. We don't feel it from the anesthesia, but it takes a long time for these parts to feel back to normal after surgery. Doing our best to increase our flexibility prior to surgery might help.

I finally started my process doing all necessary test st Cleveland clinic (florida location since it was closer my location).

I felt a bit of rushed since after like 3 days of doing the test they contacted me telling my if i can come monday or tuesday to get some other tests and then hsve the surgery on friday ( on the Cleveland ohio location).

I felt too rushed so i declined and told me i will be contacting them on November since i have to get some affairs in order before, also i not spoken to nay surgeons only cardiologist but they told me i would to that in the same week

What are you guys experience with the Cleveland clinic or any clinic was this process awalys this fast?
My surgery needed to be done within 2 months of being told it was time. This was due to valve deterioration. Make sure they are not moving fast because your situation warrants it.

My surgery needed to be done within 2 months of being told it was time. This was due to valve deterioration. Make sure they are not moving fast because your situation warrants it.
my original cardiologist told me i should get it done before year ends since my left ventrical is slowly growing which is bad.

Surgery is due on November 21st, 2022.

That's good news. Cleveland Clinic is in high demand, and we have had members that were in need of surgery, but had to wait a few months due to how many desire to have their procedure with them. Your original cardiologist told you to get surgery by the end of the year, so this will certainly be within his recommendation.

There are threads here about things to bring and what to do pre-surgery, so you might want to check those out.

Here is a thread about what to bring with you to the hospital with 17 years worth of member contributions, which you may want to check out:

https://www.valvereplacement.org/threads/what-to-take-to-the-hospital-a-checklist.13616/
Best of luck and please keep us posted and feel free to ask any questions. Also, please keep us posted on how you are doing post surgery.

That's good news. Cleveland Clinic is in high demand, and we have had members that were in need of surgery, but had to wait a few months due to how many desire to have their procedure with them. Your original cardiologist told you to get surgery by the end of the year, so this will certainly be within his recommendation.

There are threads here about things to bring and what to do pre-surgery, so you might want to check those out.

Here is a thread about what to bring with you to the hospital with 17 years worth of member contributions, which you may want to check out:

https://www.valvereplacement.org/threads/what-to-take-to-the-hospital-a-checklist.13616/
Best of luck and please keep us posted and feel free to ask any questions. Also, please keep us posted on how you are doing post surgery.
Thank you chuck, went through the entire post and all the replies.

Latest posts

Back