pre-surgery anxiety

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this had been said many times before, and you probably won't believe me until later but the time before surgery really is the worst part of the whole thing. The nervousness, sleepless nights, and just the unknown are really tough things to deal with. I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find that my surgery this past May was much easier than I had expected. There wasn't even that much pain, which I was very happy about. The waiting is the worst part, and although you won't truly understand this until after your surgery, just have faith that everything will be fine. We've all been through this before and can tell you from experience that it feels like the weight of the world has been taken off your shoulders after surgery.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Get well soon

Get well soon

Hi Si, I was soory to miss your original post pre-op but hope when you read this you will be back home and sporting the distinctive but elite zipper badge(you will be amazed how much the scar fades in the months to come)
Do hope that everthing when well for you. Although I live in the I.O.M. I had my surgery at Blackpool where I did my nurse training so have to admit to being biased towards Lancashire. Anyway take it easy,and you will soon be bcck doing your running. Best wishes Adrienne
:p

Latest posts

Back