Prayers needed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter collapsed at work today with chest pains. She is in the hospital now and they have found a narrowed artery. More testing tomorrow. She is only in her forties. She has been complaining to her doctor about dizziness and headaches for a long time now. They checked her out for inner ear problems, and migraines, but apparently never considered a heart problem. She looks like the picture of health, but has been under a lot of stress at her job. I guess they chalked it up o hysterical female syndrome.

That makes me so mad.

I don't know what will be done, but I guess she will be having some kind of repair.

I'd appreciate your prayers.

Prayers are indeed on their way and on a VERY positive note she is where she needs to be in a hospital where treatment is at her disposal

GODBLESS
Greg a

I just spoke with Sharon, and the doctors had made their rounds. Initial information is that she has a 50% blockage in one of the coronary arteries. The cardiologist said that his first "go over" the test results are that she did not have a heart attack and there was no heart damage. He felt that stress caused this admittance and that the discovery of the 50% blockage was incidental to her admittance. She has an absolutely Hellish and probably crazy boss who was going beserk over something that happened that wasn't anything Sharon had a part of. Strangely enough, this same boss also caused the hospitalization and subsequent medical leave of one of Sharon's peer managers only a couple of days ago.

The cardiologist thought this was something that could be taken care of with medication (don't know which ones yet), since there was no damage. He will probably order a stress test in his office next week sometime.

He will do a more in depth review of the testing from this morning's blood work and talk to her later in the afternoon about any changes to his thoughts.

I feel this was such a fortunate thing. While I hate that she has this problem, it is very good that it was found and that there was no damage, and that now, she will be under the close eye of a cardiologist.

If all stays the same, she may be released today or tomorrow.

Please continue prayers, they are working.

Nancy, that sounds pretty good. I presscribe 6-8 weeks of rest and a new job! (easier said, I know).
Y'all are in our prayers, too.

Initial information is that she has a 50% blockage in one of the coronary arteries. The cardiologist said that his first "go over" the test results are that she did not have a heart attack and there was no heart damage.

Did she have a CT scan to show the 50% blockage? It's good news to hear she didn't have a heart attack. It's disheartening news to hear that stress caused this. The mind is a powerful weapon.. Her boss will probably never change, but she might have to change jobs to insure her good health. If you don't have your health, you have nothing..

Thoughts and best wishes going out to her..

Last edited:
Yes, the CT scan showed the blockage. I agree about the boss, however, this job pays very well. I'm not sure whether this boss will end up staying in the position, the boss is new and is in a probationary period now and I think is under some stress, maybe on shaky ground. She's extremely disorganized and not an effective leader which only adds to her craziness.

She will be off work for a while until the results of the upcoming stress test can be evaluated.

STRESS is certainly a Risk Factor for Heart 'events'.
There is a word for a 'temporary blockage' in an unstable artery that I'm not coming up with...

Hopefully your daughter's company will recognize the 'boss problem' and get it resolved.
Reminds me of an episode on "Undercover Boss" where bosses went undercover in their companies to get a feel for how they company really worked. One such supervisor was 're-educated' and later resigned to "pursue other interests".

Hope all works out for your daughter.

'AL'

No matter how old our children are...they will always be "our child". I know first hand how distance can be a challenge.

How wonderful that prayers are able to help us to feel less "helpless". Keeping you and your family in mine.....

~ Blue

It is just amazing, when they have her chart, with family information, heart disease running in the family, to think abour testing the heart. It goes to show you that some doctors are from the olds school that when a woman has problems with her heart, it has to be something else. My prayers go with her and that things go well.

Nancy,

You and your daughter are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. I would be livid too. Sometimes I just don't understand the medical community. If everything else checked out fine, that to me should have been the very next step, especially with her symptoms.

I know this can be a blessing in disguise but what is up with her boss? This isn't exactly the climate to be job hunting but that sounds like an intolerable situation. She will stay in my prayers, Nancy.

Hi Betty-

Oh, this boss! It is a woman. I do believe she is bi-polar. She is either extremely high or in a foul mood and angry. She has no impulse control, an absolutely horrible temper, is petty, childish and just flies off the handle at every little thing. And she is the kind of person who will find a weak spot and pick at it. She actually drove the other manager equal to Sharon right into extreme high blood pressure and now that person is on extended medical leave. She (the boss) is actually a wreck emotionally. Sharon is new to this position, and it is an excellent position and pays well. The job hunting climate is bad now and she has a son in college and another in private school because the public schools where she lives are not too good. So, Sharon really needs this job at least until she can find something equal or better.

It's a nasty situation.

Nancy, sorry to hear about your daughter, but thankful that she won't need surgery and things can be managed with medication. I'll keep praying for her and also pray that things get better at work for her. LINDA

Back