Prayers Needed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ross
I am so glad to hear of Chris' improvement:)

that smoking is another story.. Only one who has quit can understand the hold that a little cig. can have on a person

Hopefully he will at least Cut down:eek:

I am very happy to hear of his improvement tho' PTL!

Well it was one of those down days yesterday. Seems were having troubles getting that last 5 or 10% of his head working correctly. I suppose it will in time. I think they gave him some Morphine again. The Ortho was in to take the bandages off the crushed ankle and check it for infection and was anything but gentle in the process. We know how Doctors are, don't we? :rolleyes: In addition to the Doctor firing up the nerves, therapy came in and made him do some excercising of that leg, so he was hurting pretty good.
He wasn't following what I was saying last night, so I gave up on trying for anything meaningful and just enjoyed a little time with him.

Savannah got out of ICU! Get this, she is right across the hall from him.:eek: Can babies still happen with two injured persons 20 ft away from each other? :eek: She's doing well. Her moms calling hours are tonight and funeral tomorrow.

The rumor mill fired up again last night too. Now the word is that the offender is not dead, but in coma at Aultman Hospital. It also appears that he had just been released from Jail. I don't know what to believe anymore, but being that I haven't seen an obit for him, believe this may now be the truth.
Just wish someone would get it right and we had more answers then we do. Some of them, we are never going to have.

Ross said:
Can babies still happen with two injured persons 20 ft away from each other?

Aspiring grandpa huh?

Seriously, hoping things go better today. I know you and your son are in for the long haul on this one. Maybe after the other 5% to 10% of his brain power kicks back in, he'll be a little easier to deal with. Maybe not. Take care of yourself regardless. Sounds like your boy has the fight in him just like dear ole dad does.

Well I guess I should think like a Doctor huh? What better way to get your patients out of bed and excercising then to put two lovers across the hall from each other. ;)

Only a comedian.....

Only a comedian.....

Ross said:
Well I guess I should think like a Doctor huh? What better way to get your patients out of bed and excercising then to put two lovers across the hall from each other. ;)

...could have us cracking up laughing, reading about somehting so serious!!!!:D :D
I am happy to hear that some things are so much better. I am sorry for the long road ahead - but of course thankful as well. This road is a gift compared to alternatives! Of course you all are still in our prayers - take care!!!

hi ross,
so happy to hear that they are both out of icu and on their way to recovery.
you and lyn must be so exhausted.

continued prayers coming your way for your family.
please know that we're thinking of you.

wishing all the best,
sylvia

btw, i'm a former smoker and i'm also a very disciplined person, but it's one of the hardest things in life to quit smoking. trust me.

Glad to hear

Glad to hear

of the improvement in the condition of your son, Ross. You sound like such a good father and know just the right things to do and say in this particular situation.

Continued prayers for all. I think it is so ironic that we had that big brouhaha several months ago about drunk drivers. Really tragic that this happened.

Christina L

So glad that Chris and Savannah are both doing better! I think it was good planning to put them across the hall from each other!!! :) It will probably really (seriously) help them to get better.

It's hard to be the parent of a young adult child. I agree you are doing the right thing and letting him handle his own financial situation and just being there for emotional support and talking if he needs/wants to.

Glad that you and Lynn are both feeling better and getting some rest....good for you!

HOORAY!!!!!
I am soooo happy to read of the great improvements in Chris' condition and that he & Savannah are now across the hallway from eachother & out of ICU....
It looks like someone heard all our prayers...

((((((((((((((big HUGS)))))))))))))))

Ross. I am so happy to hear of the continuing improvements for Chris and Savannah. I hope things continue to be uphill from now on.

Thinking of you all. Marguerite

So, why can't they put Savannah and Chris in the same room? ;) :D

Glad to hear things are going relatively well. The morphine is probably what is causing the remaining brain fog.

Whew!!

Whew!!

I just read this thread all the way through and I am emotionally exhausted. What a turmoil your family has been through! I am so sorry about the loss of life, and the injuries sustained. The emotional trauma will be as difficult as the physical, I would expect. Just throw your arms around these kids and love 'em! You guys are all in our hearts and prayers.

Tell me, what is wrong with this picture?

P9210001a.jpg

Not a thing!!! It looks like he's home?? Well.....umm is that YOUR sofa? as in he's at YOUR house for you to take care of him?? LOL He's using the cell phone during 'Peak hours'?? LOL So that means his brain is working or maybe it isn't?? ;)
Honestly, he looks wonderful after what he's been through in the past few days!! Congrats to him and those around him that care!:D

OMG.....IT'S A ROSSMAN CLONE!!! I can't believe how much he looks like you.....well, minus the cast of course.

How are they both doing?

Ev

He's home ALREADY????? Was he actually ready for this, or is this the hospital throwing him out? He looks good, but you said he had some confusion issues still going on, and who is supposed to be taking care of him???? And how is he supposed to get around with two busted ankles with just the aid of that walker??? The only right thing in the picture, is that he's not holding a cigarette!!!

Wow, Great news Ross!!! So nice to see with my own eyes that he's back home and well. He looks great! I'm sure he still has some serious physical therapy and stuff to do but glad he's home and my continued thoughts and prayers through his recovery. <Looking up> He does listen.:D

I do not think he is ready to be home. I certainly wasn't ready. Nothing planned, fixed, food or anything. I got ready to go visit and the next thing I know, he's calling me and telling me they were cutting him loose. He is still having problems with his memory and is extremely agitated. Very hard to deal with right now and yes, I'm stuck alone with him. Don't get me wrong, I love him dearly, but if you ask me, they got tired of his his constant bitching about everything and everyone and simply released him. No psych consult, no eye testing, nothing. Just sent home and see him in the office in a week. I'm so stressed out now and then with little rest, more is now added. I don't mean to complain, but I think this is totally wrong.

hi ross...
during the short time i know you by reading your posts, i always imagine you
as a funny cool man :) cannot belive you get tired of something very soon or become angry or ... . i hope your son and his fiancee back to their normal life with your help .be patient although i guess for parent their children`s problems are more serious than their owns .

Can you appeal his release? Or does his age work against him, since he is of the age of consent?

It sounds like he needs to have a neurological consult as the very least. He has a head injury, right?

Back