Prayer Request Again

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Donna,
I will keep them all in my thoughts and prayers until they are all back home.
Take Care

Thank-you for the reminder, Donna. We have a few servicemen from our church that are also in Iraq. I will pray for your son when I pray for them.

In WWII, before I was born :) , the servicemen in my dad's church all had a church pen pal with one of the slightly older male church members. My dad's pen pal was a man who in later years became my father-in-law. My father-in-law and my dad formed a lifelong bond during those years. Both lived to old age before they died and I wouldn't be surprised if the two of them are again friends.

Donna - thinking of those precious children of ours over there breaks my heart every day. These next few days and then the weeks after may be harder for them than up to now. They are all in my prayers.

Donna,
I am so sad after learning that the Marine helicopter went down last night. My son was stationed for five years at Camp Pendleton, and for the rest of our lives, Pendleton will hold a special place in our hearts. We pray that none of his friends was on board the helicopter, even though we know that his good fortune is apt to be someone else's tragedy.

I'm praying nonstop, because there is really nothing else to do.

My prayers and thoughts are with you, and yours, and of course all the troops

My prayers and thoughts are with you, and yours, and of course all the troops

Hi Donna,
Here is sending you tons of prayers and hugs from NH your way for the safekeeping of your son and all the troops Take Care, Harrybaby666 :D :D

There is not

There is not

a day that goes by that I don't say a prayer for the troops and thank them in my heart for their service. They make it possible for us to lead the kinds of lives that we do.

I have a friend whose son is in Mosul and also I have a third cousin over there. I have promised both of them a steak dinner when they get back from Iraq. It's the least I can do.

So, Donna, of course I will pray - that your son and all of them come home soon and Iraq is left a peaceful place.

Christina L.

Can I add my niece to the list?

Can I add my niece to the list?

My 18 year old niece, Shanna is also in Iraq. She is the second oldest daughter of my late sister, Patty. She started her tour there in December and she's supposed to be there for 12-18 mos.

I absolutely HATE the idea of her being over there in so much danger. She's got 9 younger siblings at home, that lost their mom less than 2 years ago, and miss Shanna, who was pretty much a second mom to the little ones. Please keep her in your prayers too. Thank you!

Such a heartache. I think all we can do is put our troops in God's hands. My son is a crew chief of a BlackHawk and these helicopter crashes are tearing me apart.

Jean, my hear goes out to you and your niece. She will be added also to my prayers along with my son and all the troops who are facing horrible times in the days ahead.

I hardly know what to do. Do I watch the news or remain blissfully ignorant. How do you manage Jean?

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Please bear with me for the next year! Jean, we should have a mini support group!

Donna

Donna - I know how hurt and worried you must be. You don't have to keep up with the news because it is so painful. But there are those of us who do keep up and we can speak and write letters to the powers that be and tell you that we do so that you know there are voices out here for you and your child. You can write your senator to urge him/her to be sure to see that our children have all the equipment that they need over there - like brand new helicopters, body armor, and protection on their vehicles. We, as families, can do nothing to help, but that, and it gives us a bit of hope that we are doing something for our children. Besides that, prayer vigils help us to cope. I cannot even imagine what you must be going through - I am a mother, like you, our children are in trouble and nothing we can do about it except wait. Bless you. Bless you all.

Latest posts

Back