Potential replacement of mitral mechanical to tissue valve, age 40

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a St Jude's leaflet Aortic Valve and on Warfarin. No problems with clots, only when I was not on it for a short time. Had eye stroke and found out it is more common than it was not know a few years ago amongst Diabetics. And I am a Type 2 Diabetic. So keep being proactive and get more educated on what can cause strokes and the prevention for Heart Patients. Have a nice day.
Sounds like you’ve had a lot going on too! I’m probably more proactive than my doctors want me to be, to the point where I can convince myself I have every disease I find online. I wish I had gone to med school so I would know what all this means.
Thanks for your input!

Sounds like you’ve had a lot going on too! I’m probably more proactive than my doctors want me to be, to the point where I can convince myself I have every disease I find online. I wish I had gone to med school so I would know what all this means.
Thanks for your input!
See I have had heart defect of the aortic valve since birth and not the only one in the family with it. Never trust all of the internet to get answers, only at reliable sources to get heart information. The best is American Heart Association.

I read several of your posts and there is a condition that runs in my family that I learned about last year when Dr's thought my daughter may have MS or lupus. I reached out to family members who were second cousins on my mother's side as she came from a small family and learned of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. A person can have signs from 0-100%. Genetic testing is required and several genes can be identified except for the hypermobility type which my daughter and my family have. I have few signs but my daughter likely has 80% or more, with various things popping up. Like lupus it can manifest in several ways. My mitral valve issue was thought to stem from this, but Mayo Clinic tells me I have Barlow's disease and I carry EDS gene, and only show a few signs of it. However it did not cause my heart issue or the valve now failing. Barlow's disease is a lengthening and thickening of the mitral valve leaflets and it also is congenital. It is likely the reason my repair is failing and I will need to replace this mitral valve this time. Good luck with all.

Latest posts

Back