Pot and AVR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cooker,
I think there is a lot of luv and understanding in this thread. You could not possibly have expected it to be totally free of some negativity considering the content.;) :D ;)

Now, you see, if I wanted to throw the cat among the pigeons, I could say, "I just luv pot." I believe that people should do whatever they want to do. However, I also believe in informed decision making. After reading the posts here, I am now well aware that individuals with heart rythm or heart rate problems, such as A-fib, could have great problems with cannabis. And, yet, there are other medical problems, such as cancer, where the drug can be a great help. Learn something new everyday.
Blanche

geebee said:
Cooker,
I think there is a lot of luv and understanding in this thread. You could not possibly have expected it to be totally free of some negativity considering the content.;) :D ;)

Oh I have felt the love!!:D Like I said above I am very thick skinned and enjoy life way to much to get the least bit upset by these post. I know the subject would at best rub some the wrong way.

To those who think or have implied that am not concerned with my health here's the drill. I get about eight hours of sleep every night, walk three or more miles every night (with hills), I don't drink, I don't smoke cigs, I work around nine hours a day and pray for my vr.com brothers and sisters daily.

I still think Ceech and Chong's "Up In Smoke is one of the funniest movies ever and yes I did cry when old yeller died.

Cooker:p

I think if someone gave me some (which won't happen) I would smoke it since I gave up cigerettes and don't hardly drink anymore. Forgot what it felt like to have a buzz, kinda of miss feelin light headed and giddy. Oh well such as life.

Again...I can HONESTLY say..I have only heard of 2 people...(before I clicked on this thread:p) that said they had smoked pot..One was many years ago. a young girl said in the beauty shop.I like smoking pot. it doesn;t give you a headache the next day like alcohol. she had left out small country town for the big city and was home...Pop. in that town was probably 200.:D I think many heads came out from underneath the hair dryers.:p Yes, back in the stone age when we still sat underneath hairdryers.:p ..the other was an older friend who had moved up from Atlanta. Said, her son smoked pot all the time ( this was in the 70's)and she had him light one up for her..said, it only made her _____...word is what the devil has on his head.:D with an ny..:D .....................that's it...I am thankful that my 2 children never did drugs..(Raising them in a rural area probably helped)..but, even when they left for college...Never did drugs...:) Too busy studying and getting a good eduacation. son, now, 15 years in law enforcement.when he first applied ..had to take a lie detector test..saying that he had never done drugs.............My husband will be age 76 in Nov...smokes and has several drinks before dinner.Works like a horse..painting kitchen now, as I type....Never sick..now, his 3 next door neighbors younger than him..One has bladder cancer..one has prostate cancer and one is in Florida,,living his last few months..:( from kidney cancer.............Point I'm trying to make..do what you like doing...:) Just don't inhale.:D I believe I heard that from one of our ex-presidents.:D Bonnie

It's all about L-U-V, sweet L-U-V, Blanche. ;)

Mary, you are bad. :D

Speaking of pot, I believe there is a legitimate rationale for medicinal marijuana, used when terminal patients are in excruciating pain. As far as the effect on the cardiovascular system when you are in the process of getting healthy, I can't think that smoking anything would be beneficial.

RandyL said:
I think if someone gave me some (which won't happen) I would smoke it since I gave up cigerettes and don't hardly drink anymore. Forgot what it felt like to have a buzz, kinda of miss feelin light headed and giddy. Oh well such as life.
Randy I have to admit that the thought did cross my mind, but then reality smacked me silly and told me I would be a fool to try. I too miss parts of the old days, but we'll never have them the way they were and perhaps that is just as well. ;)

Cannabis Kid........Not

Cannabis Kid........Not

I was suprised at the number and diversity of replies to this thread. They were much appriciated.

I am also a child of the sixties (tried it all). I don't condone or condemn the use of pot or any other drug (legal or otherwise). I have given up (by choice ) all things that I feel are not in line with my good health. Do I miss my smoke? You bet. Was I thinking of firing up again? You bet. That is why I posted it, to gather information in the best place I know of for heart related issues. I am still a newbie you know:p My main goal now is to get off of the nasty drug Amiodarone(200mg daily). I have not had any hint of a-fib since March and have been hounding my cardio to take me off of it and see if the ablation worked. I would never do anything to hinder this effort.

I love VR.com and it's members (most anyway) ;) You will never know what you have meant to me. I am so blessed that I did not have to take the trip over the mountain alone. Not unlike a lot of people I enjoy a good verbal joust:eek: and again I hope no one was offended.:eek: No harm no foul I hope. Anyway thanks for the information and support.

Your clean and sober vr.com buddy,

Cooker

Man, this thread on pot has taken a lot of hits (pun intended). Count me as one of the NOT offended. I stated my opinion and enjoyed reading all the others. If you have grandchildren, animals and vr.com, who needs much else for entertainment.

Best of luck to you Cooker.

Wise

Wise said:
Man, this thread on pot has taken a lot of hits (pun intended). Count me as one of the NOT offended. I stated my opinion and enjoyed reading all the others. If you have grandchildren, animals and vr.com, who needs much else for entertainment.

Best of luck to you Cooker.

Wise

Many thanks.

Latest posts

Back