post op update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csutherland

My husband came home yesterday (Sun). Surgery (AVR & 1 bypass) was on the 12th and he's taking several walks a day around the outside of our house, which is about 90' long. He makes about 6 trips around each outing. His only problem is chest soreness. The appetite has come back; the sleep at night a little iffy. He'll be 65 on the 22nd and retired the week before his surgery. What a way to start retirement!

Visiting nurse is to come 3 days this week and on Wed is to do the protime. We came home with Lipitor, warfarin, Altenelol (sp), magnesium SR, plus the Altace he was already taking. Should all these be necessary forever? I know the warfarin is of course. Hopefully Lipitor, which is very costly, can be eliminated if he watches his diet. Don't know about the 2 BP meds.

Dear C - know you are glad he is home and getting along well. Guess he has joined the pill club, as well. Hard to keep track of them all. I tried getting off the Lipitor and did for a while, trying to use stuff from herbal store, but it didn't work so am back on it for months now. And yes, it is so expensive and seems to go up in price often. Wish him well, for me and you are in my prayers. God bless

Back