Post op care for aortic valve surgery. Pre op suggestions as well.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does this work if we are single, no one to help us post op, no friends we can count on, family, partner, live alone etc ? Do I need to hire help ?
How does one get through post op alone ? Is this possible ?
I have a housecleaner that comes in every 2-3 weeks.
Tiny condo 300 square feet to easy to get around.
I live in Thailand.
Small studio condo.... Don't drive don't work...Good public transport...7th floor, elevator....
Small grocery store and vending machines along with laundry and water machines on site..
I typically shop daily at local grocery stores. Have a couch a bed,,kitchen outside on balcony...
Eat a strict vegan diet minimal prep except boil some things..
Small fridge about 1/2 to 2/3 size..Tiny freezer....
Surgery may not be for years.....Just getting prepped....

Thanks

Honestly, your living situation sounds perfect for solo recovery. Only thing I would suggest is a decent recliner and a bed that’s easy to get out of. They’ll teach you how to get out of bed in the hospital. I noticed the other day that I still do it.

Get yourself stocked with a couple weeks groceries. Make some meals and freeze in advance. Make sure you have transportation to follow ups. Sounds like you have good public transportation available. I had a neighbor give me a ride when my wife was working and the kids were in school.

Honestly, by the time you leave the hospital you’ll be walking laps in the halls. The made sure I could get up a flight of stairs on my own. You won’t be a paraplegic.

Well I'm a fitness fanatic and a vegan so I'm in pretty good shape the surgery might not be for years by that time if I'm lucky maybe I'll have a girlfriend or I'll be in a larger place maybe I'll even be back in America.

Latest posts

Back