Pop up ads

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
Any idea how to stop the pop up ads that usually appear on forum ? I can close them or sometimes move them to another part of the page but it's getting irritating - especially when they appear on the left hand side of the page covering part of the forum headings. Most times when I come on forum these days I have to do things to get rid of them before I can comfortably read the forum !

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
And have you gone to your user control panel (click on your name in upper right corner) and then to the bottom to turn off ads?

Also, I'm interested in knowing what type of pop up ad you saw and if you were logged in.

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
I had never seen that button to turn off ads in my user control panel so it wasn't turned off, it is now, thanks. I never read any of the ads, they were always covering part of the forum page so I always clicked the close ad button without really noticing what type of ads thery were, sorry Angie.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I don't blame you one bit about just clicking them closed. That's why we provide the turn off for members that are logged in. As long as we get it fixed for you.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
VR.org Supporter
Re the Becoming a Supporting Member notice -- I am happy to continue being a supporting member, but I do not want to sign up for a Pay Pal account. I started to use a credit card, but the setup seems to hook you into Pay Pal. I used to just send an old-fashioned check once or twice a year to good ol' Hank. Suggestions please.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
If you decide to do that, mail to:
ValveReplacement
PO Box 911
San Marcos, TX 78667

And send me a message and how much so I can tell the bookkeeper to keep an eye out for it. Put your member name on it so we can stay coordinated. Also, let me know when you mail and I will update your status at that time. (a private conversation/message will do just fine)

Anyone can do it this way if they choose to do so. Just remember to tell me.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
VR.org Supporter
Okay, Angie, thanks. I will think about which way to go. I must say the $199.99 lifetime membership good for 55 years intrigues me. Would this guarantee a 78-year-old another 55 years? :cool:

Latest posts