plural effusion = plural frustion

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrietW

Attitude of Gratitude
Frustration lol
Completely frustraTed heading into week 2 post op . Weak frustrated not even sure l will have the energy for this post update.
Waited all day long today to have my lungs drain and then nothing. Pain pressure and shortness of breath seems to be my fate again tonight !!! Praying tomorrow is a better day

Hi Harriet - good to hear from you even though things not going too well. I can tell you that the second, third and fourth week post op were my worst weeks when it came to pain, weakness and other problems related to surgery. I had pleural effusions too but they didn't need to be drained as once I stopped the pain meds that helped clear my lungs. I did not stop the pain meds becasue I wasn't in pain, oh no, I stopped the pain meds because of the terrible side effects (pleural effusions, fluid retention, hallucinations, - though the side effects on my gut continued for several weeks after and had to see doc in emergency). The pain was bad but there was nothing I could take - all the opiates gave too bad side effects and none of the other pain killers would touch it.

Time was the biggest healer for me.

Thigs will get better Harriet, but you've been through one of the most major surgeries.

If you can, take little walks along the flat in the hospital corridor or when you are at home. And if you can do any breathing exercises, do them, no matter how little. My respiratory consultant had written to the hospital that I should have chest physic - the hospital ignored that but maybe yours won't ? Chest physio may help.

Hoping things go better for you very soon - {{gentle hugs}}

(((((((((Harriet))))))) You know I feel your pain. And I promise you it will get better especially after they drain the fluid. If you remember I walked around with pleural effusion for three weeks before my cardio determined what it was and did something about it. And I was home at the time. Keep bugging them about it.

I agree with everything Anne said. You're only starting week two so don't freak out about not feeling better. I did that and blamed myself until the folks here told me to relax.

Thinking about and praying for you lady :)

Harriet

no doubt that plural frustration is actually more than double frustration.

think like "Kung Fu" (David Carradine):
Master Kan: We know that where there is no contention, there is neither defeat nor victory. The supple willow does not contend against the storm, yet it survives.

So bend with the winds and let them pass over you.

you will emerge stronger

:)

wishing you strength.

Thank you all for your continued support and encouragement )!
Honeybunny it is clearly fluid on the lungs and reading substantial amount of fluids. However it has not been drained yet as they are waiting for my INR to drop below 1.60 and is a must radiology will not touch it until l'm well below that #. I am obviously in alot of pain. My kidneys are being monitored strictly as well as my blood sugar levels l will be here for several days yet. Hopefully they will drain tomorrow day and try and get my inr back up so l can go home .. or at least my next stop.

In the meantime lm doing the happy dance over here in my head cause l made it .. l'm smoke free new aortic valve with a root repair. 23 mm mechanical valve and a mitral valve repair gunna get rid of this fluid and l'm heading home .. life is pretty darn great !!

harrietW;n861803 said:
In the meantime lm doing the happy dance over here in my head cause l made it .. l'm smoke free new aortic valve with a root repair. 23 mm mechanical valve and a mitral valve repair gunna get rid of this fluid and l'm heading home .. life is pretty darn great !!

What a great attitude. Wishing you progress in getting those numbers under control, those lungs clear, and kicking pain's butt.

harrietW;n861803 said:

That's fantastic Harriet. The pleural effusions will be gone and your recovery will be in high gear.

Latest posts

Back