Plavix????

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CThrock

Hi all,
I've havent done to much posting lately because my brother was taken in for a by pass surgery on Thursday. Then ended up doing 5 arteries and has had CAD for quite sometime. :eek:
I have a question on one of the meds they put him on and wanted to know if anyone had heard or knew about this drug. The name is PLAVIX. Maybe some of you could be taking it or know someone taking it and could give me some information on it. Is it a good med or is there something else that could be better?
I know I can come here for good and trustworthy info.
Thanks,
Crystal

Plavix does what it's supposed to do. I cannot take it. I start lung bleeding when I'm on it, so they took me off.

Thanks Bina & Ross!!! My brother is doing much better they are moving him out of ICU to a regular room. He has been walking, eating and resting like he should.
Yesterday they were switching his pain meds around because they were making him sick and out of it. (we now how that was) Thanks for the reply about him Bina, Your a sweet heart!:)
Ross why would you have problems on that med? Why would you even have to go on it? Let me know what you found out.
I knew you guys would give me some answers. I will be checking on the other meds they are putting him on and let you know. We know we have to check meds out because those drs will put you on anything.
Talk to you later.
Hope I get more responses to help ease the mind.

Thanks again,
Crystal

Plavix is widely prescribed for people who have stents placed. Many CABG patients are on 325 mg coated aspririn but I have definitley heartd of people on plavix after by pass surgery.

Hope he continues to do well. Five by passes. Whew..... that's a lot of plaque.

Crystal,Sorry to hear about all of this.
My mom now 83 years young was on
plavix in 94 due to leg thrombosis (clot)
and heart attack,during her stay in hosp.
They then put her on coumadin and removed
her off the plavix after a short time.
good thoughts and prayers out to you all.

zipper2 (DEB)

Crystal when I had my AVR they had me on Plavix, Coumadin and aspirin. I got uncontrollable diarrhea and started coughing up blood while on the Plavix. As soon as they took me off, those symptoms went away.

Back