Pig heart transplant

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soon
1641894416631.png

I suspect we are a decade away from tis being viable for most cases. The patient was not eligible for a human transplant and was out of time. Just like the early days of artificial hearts and human transplants this was a "better than the alternative" and FDA granted emergency use permission. It is indeed promising and I am curious how genetically modified the pig was.

Reactions: Eva
I suspect we are a decade away from tis being viable for most cases. The patient was not eligible for a human transplant and was out of time. Just like the early days of artificial hearts and human transplants this was a "better than the alternative" and FDA granted emergency use permission. It is indeed promising and I am curious how genetically modified the pig was.

I’m curious if they threw in a freezer full of pork with the rest of the pig. Between the heart and the meat, it could sustain the patient for a while. 😁

I read this article about transplanting a whole pig's heart into a patient from a genetically modified pig. I never cease to be amazed what people can achieve, it's truly astounding!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59944889

Truly remarkable! I hope it lasts him many years. If this is successful, it could have applications for other organs as well. It is hard to believe how far medical science has advanced in the past 150 years.

I read this article about transplanting a whole pig's heart into a patient from a genetically modified pig. I never cease to be amazed what people can achieve, it's truly astounding!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59944889

It is amazing and astounding what is just over the horizon.

In the 1990's I worked in Private Equity/Venture Capital and I saw so many absolutely brilliant scientists and doctors working on so many literally mind blowing projects and startups. Some panning out, others not, but I can't even imagine what they're working on 20 years later.

I do know, though, from old friends still in the business that big things are on the very near horizon. They truly believe that if we can just hold out another 10 years or so, we may see the fruition of all the breakthroughs that are now coming fast and furious and we could all end up living to 150+ years or so.

We'll see but it looks very promising.

If you live to 150 you might end up like that Brad Pitt movie Benjamin Button and start getting young again once you hit 80 or so...🤪😂

It is amazing and astounding what is just over the horizon.

In the 1990's I worked in Private Equity/Venture Capital and I saw so many absolutely brilliant scientists and doctors working on so many literally mind blowing projects and startups. Some panning out, others not, but I can't even imagine what they're working on 20 years later.

I do know, though, from old friends still in the business that big things are on the very near horizon. They truly believe that if we can just hold out another 10 years or so, we may see the fruition of all the breakthroughs that are now coming fast and furious and we could all end up living to 150+ years or so.

We'll see but it looks very promising.
I saw it on the news, quite different that bovine tissue valve. We have to wait to see how long this will last.

In a lab anything can last 100 years, put it inside the human body and the same thing that fights the CCP Virus, will attack the tissue thing, and how long it will last, well, find the longer working valve inside a human body and then start collecting info until the sample size fits the level of standard error accepted, etc, etc, anova, cova, reg, analysis, etc, :)

You'd certainly get the impression from the surgeons that although they don't know how long he will get from it, it doesn't sound like it'll be months or years. That was my impression anyway. Groundbreaking though.

I plan on using it.
I do my best to use it, but I know that no matter what the outcome will be to lose it.
1642193294121.png

why I keep training is not about increasing my timeline, its about maximizing my quality of experience while on that timeline. The reason for that is I've seen what happens when one does not.

Latest posts

Back