picture gallery of heart valves - interesting

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherry

I saw a new cardiologist in Evansville the other day (old one moved
away :( ). Anyway, the nurse who did my echo told me how one of the docs in the practice had created an image gallery of all the valves that have ever been on the market. I thought I would put it in the reference section if any of you may be interested. http://www.evansvilleheartcenter.com/
If the page doesn't immediately come up, go to the image section on the left sidebar.

That's a lot of valves for the relatively short time, historically, that valve replacements have been done!

What a great site! Not only does it have valve pics, but many other pics of various cardiac problems, and also a history gallery. They did a nice job putting that together.

That's A Lot!

That's A Lot!

WOW! I had no idea there were so many! I'm glad I didn't have to pick one out of that lineup - worse than trying to pick out a car.

I'm probably like most valvers, I simply ended up with the one the surgeon is most comfortable installing. I wasn't asked which one I wanted and wouldn't have been able to make an intelligent choice had I been asked.

A lot of effort went into that site!

Great Site

Great Site

It is a wonderful resource, although some of the information about the
valves is in conflict with other sites. I have been linking to it for a couple
of years now to show the history of valves in my post here and in other
forums. One of the problem the site has is at the end of the month- you tend to get a message like this "Bandwitdh problem- report to website owner
to order more bandwitdh!" So if it is down, stop back after the first of the month and spend some time- it is very interesting!

You're right, Nancy, the other image galleries are pretty informative too. I just now checked those out.

I am now seeing one of the doctors in that practice, and the nurse told me that another doc had created this. I thought it was definitely an appropriate site for our vr community. (The man who created it is Dr. Tuna, who's credentials are listed on the site.)

ohhhhahhhhh....

you have done well...

We do like to have a sticky-beak inside our hearts here dont we !:D

thanks for popping the site up....

Sherry said:
I saw a new cardiologist in Evansville the other day (old one moved
away :( ). Anyway, the nurse who did my echo told me how one of the docs in the practice had created an image gallery of all the valves that have ever been on the market. I thought I would put it in the reference section if any of you may be interested. http://www.evansvilleheartcenter.com/
If the page doesn't immediately come up, go to the image section on the left sidebar.
I learned a lot - thanks Sherry

how do you know which one you got. my ID card does not name the valve, just has a Model Number (25CAVGJ-514 00

HMMM

Latest posts

Back