Phantom Pain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffF

Hello All,

I'm 8 months out and I have had some incision pain the last two days. Is this normal?

Anyone else have any pain this far out?

Thanks,

Jeff

Pain? What kind of pain?
Is it consent or frequent jabbing kind of pain or is it a itching type of pain?

What your feeling could very well be normal as your nerve endings are healing.

But you know, when in doubt, get it checked out.

Thanks Freddie,

It's more of an ache on the bone, not consistent just randomly. If it continues I'll get it checked out. I have been lifting more weights the past few weeks, so maybe it's exercise related.

Jeff

At 8 months, you areprobably at the outside limit of what most docs quote as the healing time for your sternum. Since all patients differ in their healing processes, your sternum may not be fully healed yet - or the muscles may not be fully healed and conditioned for weight lifting yet. Have you done cardio rehab? Sometimes, if the patient is otherwise up to it, they have you do some free weight work, but if this is your first try back at lifting, you may just be over-working muscles that aren't yet ready for it.

Thanks Freddie,

It's more of an ache on the bone, not consistent just randomly. If it continues I'll get it checked out. I have been lifting more weights the past few weeks, so maybe it's exercise related.

Jeff

Lifting will do that to you. When I started lifting and did heavier bouts of work initially, I had minor ache's in and around sternum. The muscle tissue in your pecs, abds and even back can have an effect off pulling on ribs which would pull on sternum a bit here and there. If it's minor and just annoying, take some time off, switch to light cardio and you should feel much better within a week.

Latest posts

Back