Periodic Chest Pains -- Valve Related?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RonP

I've had the good old valve several years now, but I still have periodic chest pains brought on by nothing. And, when I have them, I still can't help getting alarmed. They just come and then they go within a few minutes. I guess I shouldn't worry about them, but that comes by nature.

Do quiet a few of you also experience periodic chest pains? Do you think those are after effects of getting a valve? I'm curious here.

RON P.

I've not yet had a valve replacement, but I also get the occasional twinges, stabs and weird pains in the chest. My cardio hooked me up to an event monitor to record what was going on when these things happened, but it was pretty inconclusive.

Have you spoken to your doctor and cardio about this? If it is worrying you then perhaps a holter or event monitor can see if it is heart related, or just the funny little pains we all get from time to time (..which could be caused by just about anything..).

All the best
Anna : )

Back