Past, Present and Future of Heart Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

John Cochran

As my educational background was in biomedical engineering, I try to stay current in the developments in heart surgery; I've been looking for references that are well written, illustrated, and useful to the patient community.

I have found an outstanding reference provided by the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center (reputed to be #1 in the country) that covers the past, present and future of heart surgery, with a major emphasis on heart valves. This includes both mechanical and tissue valves, including SynerGraft technology. Do check out the embedded links, too. The site location is:

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/heartcenter/pub/history/future/valve.asp
--John

Last edited:
Cleveland Clinic link

Cleveland Clinic link

Great site John,I will be going in for my grand opening within the next two weeks and between the forum board and this site,I'm getting loads of info.Will keep you and others up to date on the forum board.

Jim

My Grand OpeningWont

My Grand OpeningWont

Will find out on Thursday the 19th after a pre-op consul with the Dr.and then tests and such at pre surgery consul with Nurses,the gas guy and whoever else

Thanks, John, for another great reference.

I'm still up and down, but at least out of resurgery range for now. I am investigating the possibility further that my valve has been damaged by bacterial infection, either initially or subsequently.

Do you know of any good info on the course of bacterial infections of heart valves, especially newly implanted ones?

Thanks again.

Misplaced

Misplaced

Hi Steve,this was posted to my string on pre-op,I think you wanted post-op,but hope everything is ok

Jim

Latest posts

Back