PACs/PVCs

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midpack

Hi!

We can read everywhere that PACs/PVCs, if their amount does not reach something like 20000 per day, are not important IF you have an structurally normal heart. However, my assumption is that, if you have any valvular problem (or chamber enlargement), then your heart is not considered structurally normal. Is that right?
Moreover, valvular problems, like mitral valve prolapse, for instance, are a frequent cause of premature contractions. So, my question is:
Are PACs/PVCs still considered fairly harmless even in presence of a valvular disease?

Thanks!

In my case, I wore a Holter monitor for 48 hours, after which my cardiologist said that I was having harmless PVCs and not to worry about it. This was a few weeks after my AVR, while the doctor determined that I was still in heart failure. Since then, I have been having them less and less often and less and less severely.

As far as i know, most people with these kind of ectopic beats dont notice them at all.
In my case, i feel an slight suction sensation in my chest, followed by a beat stronger than usual. But, among those who are aware of them, the sensation can be pretty different.

What do PVC's feel like?
Mine feel like a "skipped" beat followed by a much stronger beat, as if it were making up for the missed one. A run of many in a row sometimes caused some dizziness and a sort of panicky feeling, like an anxiety attack. Thankfully, they now occur very rarely and much much milder.

Hi! I got my AVR surgery 6 weeks ago, and started getting PVCs at week 3. My doc put me on a 24 hr holter monitor and determined that they were 'harmless skipped beats", aka PVCs. They have already gone down in frequency. Some days I dont get them at all. Sometimes i get them when i get excited or exercise. The common story is that we all get them, and they usually go away, sometimes come back, but usually go away.

I get a lot of flutters and some very strong beats (feels like a thump strong enough to sometimes wake me up). I have been told I should wear a patch (Zio?) for a while to see if there are any episodes of Afib. Has anyone taken CoQ10? Does it help?

have had these pesky pacs pvcs on and of since op 6 years ago, been for numourous tests etc but docs seem happy for me to live with them, must admit there are a pain in the butt,

Back