Paco512's AVR on Monday, May 6

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mary

I'd like to extend my best wishes for a successful surgery and an easy recovery period. I know you are anxious, but try to relax and enjoy today and tomorrow. We have all come through it pretty well, and I'm confident that you will too!
Godspeed!

Paul, you are going to one of the best hospitals and sugeons and I know you will do fine. I hope you have someone to post and give us a post-op update. Godspeed!

Thank You all...

Thank You all...

I have to say this is the most wonderful support group in the world.
You all came along at just the right time. Just when i was finding hardest to pull myself up... Thank you from the bottom of this calcified but greatfull heart.

-Paul (paco512)

Paul,

Just wanted to add my prayers & well wishes on your upcoming OHS. I am sure you will do just fine & will be back home in no time. :)

Keep us posted. I'll be praying for you! :)

Hi Paul,
Best wishes to you and you will be in my thoughts and prayers! I will be right with you on May 6th - that is the same day as my AVR. I am confident we both will do well! God Bless!
CRM-Mom (Barb)

Paul,

GOOD LUCK!

Thoughts/prayers coming your way for a SUCCESSFUL surgery :).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Maybe things could work out right" ... Johnny Hates Jazz ... 'Shattered Dreams'

Hi Paul

I'm Evelyn whose husband, Tyce, had AVR almost 6 years ago. We haven't "met" yet, but I just wanted you to know that I've got you on my prayer list for tomorrow. It will be fine. Please have someone post and let us know how you're doing.

Evelyn

Last minute jitters....

Last minute jitters....

Well, the clinic called and put on the "B" plan. So now i go in at 10:00am instead of 5:00 AM. I like that plan better anyway.

They are really good at what they do. (I keep repeating...) I have calmed down a bit today and have been trying some of the many great suggestions from all of you. Thanks.

-Paul (paco512)

One of my favorite quotes (from Second Hand Lions)
Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.

Dont worry

Dont worry

Dont worry Paco. You're going to the best place. Everything will go well.

Leaving for the Hospital now...

Leaving for the Hospital now...

This is so sureal. I feel like i could run (ok, maybe walk fast) a 1/4 mile... and i am on my way to the Cleveland Clinic for open heart surgery. In just 2 hours i will be on my back being wheeled in to surgery. If not for the worry associated with this procedure and the questions of life after the process... it is such an amazing mental state to be so focused on life and everything around me. The kids are off to school... the cats are hanging by their food dishes... the deer are in the field below our back yard... my wife is as beautiful as this crystal clear spring day.

I can't wait to get back to this... them... and all of you.

Kind of loopy. Huh? And they haven't even started the drugs yet.

-paul (paco512)

paco512 said:
This is so sureal. I feel like i could run (ok, maybe walk fast) a 1/4 mile... and i am on my way to the Cleveland Clinic for open heart surgery. In just 2 hours i will be on my back being wheeled in to surgery. If not for the worry associated with this procedure and the questions of life after the process... it is such an amazing mental state to be so focused on life and everything around me. The kids are off to school... the cats are hanging by their food dishes... the deer are in the field below our back yard... my wife is as beautiful as this crystal clear spring day.

-paul (paco512)

As we pulled out of our driveway, headed to the hospital, I remember thinking how lovely the house and yard looked and wondering if I would ever see it again.
But of course I did!:)
We'll see you on the other side of this!

paco512 said:

-paul (paco512)

Paul,

That really brings back memories -- My wife and I spent the night before at a hotel near the hospital because it was a tough 25 miles commute through DC traffic from home. Remember we were in hotel's sports bar the night before and I kept thinking, man, I am having open heart surgery first thing tomorrow morning! :eek: Surreal it is...

Anyway, I made it back and you will too. You are in good hands. We will be looking forward to hearing of your climb over the proverbial mountain and to you joining us here to tell us about it. Sending best wishes and prayers to you....

Latest posts

Back