Our member Jan in Liverpool

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShezaGirlie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Everyone please remember Jan as she is scheduled for surgery on Wednesday on her left leg as the Osteomyelitis (infection in the bone) has returned. She said she will have her laptop with her so she will be able to keep in touch with us. She is already in the hospital.

Jan and Bill are good friends with Christina and Gordon and have stayed with them in Tucson as well as staying with us here in New Braunfels. They definitely love the USofA.

All the best to Jan as she undergoes surgery on Wednesday. I hope this is the end of what sounds like an ongoing battle!

I'm keeping Jan in my prayers, (I STILL can't believe 2 days after I asked Jan how osteo comes back the same thing happend to Justin)

Do you know what they are doing in the surgery? I guess they won't know until they are in there how much bone is infected, but will she definately need the brace/pin thing, she was hoping to avoid? If there is a chance she can avoid that that is what I will focus my prayers on.

Absolutely! My prayers & well wishes are with you Jan!

Yesterday when we were in Chatzy, I left & totally forgot to wish you well & then I remembered after a few minutes, went back & everyone was gone. I felt so bad. Then I sent you a PM here & I just saw where you read it & you had also just heard the awful news of Christine.

I know her death has got to be especially harder for those of you that were closer to Christine than the rest of us. I know I broke into tears yesterday when I received the call from Crystal.

Godspeed my friend!

I'm keeping Jan in my prayers, (I STILL can't believe 2 days after I asked Jan how osteo comes back the same thing happend to Justin)

Do you know what they are doing in the surgery? I guess they won't know until they are in there how much bone is infected, but will she definately need the brace/pin thing, she was hoping to avoid? If there is a chance she can avoid that that is what I will focus my prayers on.

Lyn,
I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong, but I think she told us yesterday that they had to remove several inches of bone and then they would put her in the thing that stretches the leg; perhaps for six weeks?
I came in late so she was giving me the condensed version.

Lyn,
I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong, but I think she told us yesterday that they had to remove several inches of bone and then they would put her in the thing that stretches the leg; perhaps for six weeks?

I'm sorry to hear that, I will pray for the least amount of pain as possible then

Lyn,

You're right Mary. This is what Jan said.

When Jan was visiting in Arizona recently, she spoke about her leg. I didn't realize then that she had such a problem. But, that's just like the Jan I know. It seems to me that she always brings sunshine with her.

Jan, I hope that sunshine serves you well and that you have a successful surgery and an easy recovery.

Blanche

Hi Jan,

Sorry to hear you must go through this ordeal. Stay positive, we are all thinking of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back