Our dog is leaving today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathleen

It has been months and months for this day to come but today our pup will go with the lady from the rescue society. After having my first OHS 28 years ago and more to follow with some rapid deterioration of my heart this summer, I had to made a decision that has to be my hardest ever. It is depressing to find I cannot care for a 15 pound of sheer muscle little dog. We are both having issues hers being she seems to need another dog around her and she needs to run free. We live in a townhome addition so she is leashed at all times. Last week I took her off leash and she and a neighbor guy ran until they could not walk. She was happier than I have ever seen her. I have to say the rescue people are angels to me. She will be kept witihin 10 miles from me and we will get to meet the family that will care for her and we will get to visit if we choose to. She will be so happy with her new life. I will be so sad with her new life.
Kathleen and Ruby June

Kathleen, what an unselfish decision you are making. But I'm sure it has to be hard on you. God bless.

Kathleen, bless you, I know how hard a decision like that is. It is totally to your credit that you are acting in the best interests of a very active dog. I hope you will take advantage of the opportunity to visit. Perhaps at a later date the opportunity will arise for you to get a dog that adapts well to townhouse living.

Kathleen,

I am sad for you, and also admire you for making a hard decision for your dog's sake.

Last March we adopted a little dog, Lucy, whose owner could no longer take care of her for health reasons. She adjusted to us very quickly, and is a real bright spot in our lives.

Your lucky little dog will have two loving families.

Ruby June,
Your momma sure does love you.
Think of her everytime you run and play.

Bless your heart, Kathleen, for doing such an unselfish thing.:)

Kathleen,

I feel so bad for you because I know how much our pets can get to mean to us. Sometimes I feel that the only reason I get up in the morning is so that I can be greeted with such love & adoration from my doggies.

You made a very hard but a very right choice both for yourself & your little pup. I am sure that your little pup will be raised in a loving & good home & when he sleeps at night, he'll think of you & the great love & sacrifice you made for him!

God bless,
Norma

Kathleen,

I am sorry your health has forced you to make this decision but you do know it is the best one for you both.

How great is it that you will be able to visit your dog if you can handle it without too much pain? I am sure she will adapt quickly and dogs understand why we make the choices we do.

Praying for you both.

Kathleen, My heart aches for you, but, the decision you've made to find another family to care for your pup shows just how very much you love her. I'm so happy that you'll be able to visit. We had a man in our neighborhood who had become very ill. He had two beautiful Labrador Retrievers who were brothers. He was looking for a good home who would take both of them as he didn't want them separated. Within two days, he had so many offers from the neighbors that it was astounding. The dogs were placed in their new home and he is able to see them whenever he wants without ever leaving the neighborhood. I will keep you in my thoughts. LINDA

Back