Other conditions associated with BAV

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canon4me

I was born with club feet. I was also born with flat feet. I had surgery on a carotid artery in my neck about three years ago. I have diabetes. I believe those are associated with BAV. Do any of you have these conditions are others?

some **** is happening with things being flagged as spam and being subject to moderation .... it appears all one needs to do is edit your post

So, with my post being gone, I'll say again that I have BAV but not the other symptoms you mention. My only correlation with BAV is aneurysm. I've never heard of the others you mention being associated but then I've not read up on it in earnest.

Best Wishes

I can assure you my post is not spam! I can't help it if you've never heard of these associated conditions. Some further reading would reveal much information if you want to educate yourself.

canon4me;n880631 said:
I can assure you my post is not spam!

you misunderstand ... MY post was deleted and marked as spam. (re read what I wrote please)

I can't help it if you've never heard of these associated conditions. Some further reading would reveal much information if you want to educate yourself.
you'll observe just a few posts above my very next post (which I can only assume you didn't read) did exactly that.

I believe I'm reasonably well educated, but of course no on everything. I usually confine educating myself to what is interesting to me and what is related to me. I would assume you are the same (not educating yourself on the nuances of stuff which you are not involved with nor interested in).

Bes Wishes

There is a link between type 2 diabetes and weight. It's possible that those with BAV are likely to be overweight if they find their ability to exercise limited. If you're talking type 1 diabetes, I speculate that would be a separate genetic condition not necessarily linked to BAV. But I haven't read up on it. I don't know if there is a higher incidence in BAV patients vs. the general population.

Add me to list of never having heard of feet issues linked to BAV. My feet are relatively normal, although to do suffer from plantar fasciitis when I push the running too hard. I think one of my grandfathers had flat feet and was kept out of the military for it. He was never diagnosed with BAV but did die from CHF around 80 years of age. I feel like I must have got this from somewhere, but I'm still the only one in my immediate or extended family to have had open heart surgery and I don't have any relatives with unexplained early deaths due to heart issues.

You don't say why you had surgery on your carotid, so hard to look into any link. Malformed? Blockage? Aneurysm?

I've been doing some reading on Marfans and the variances in the signs and severity in different people,
as a layman reader it seems to me BAVD and Marfans are neighbors on the same street. http://www.marfan.org/about/related-disorders

Seems the various gene mutations can be common to many conditions.

I don't have any signs

Warrick;n880642 said:
I've been doing some reading on Marfans and the variances in the signs and severity in different people,
as a layman reader it seems to me BAVD and Marfans are neighbors on the same street.

Did you read that link I posted? Particularly the results...

pellicle;n880644 said:
Did you read that link I posted? Particularly the results...

Cheers for drawing my attention back to that, quite the smorgasboard of mutatations

canon4me;n880622 said:
I was born with club feet. I was also born with flat feet. I had surgery on a carotid artery in my neck about three years ago. I have diabetes. I believe those are associated with BAV. Do any of you have these conditions are others?

I have diabetes and flat feet

canon4me;n880622 said:

Apparently 11% of those with BAV have left ventricular noncompaction cardiomyopathy

Latest posts

Back