Ornish intensive cardiac rehab program

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AOS518

Hello
I am 8 years post op mechanical AVR and just started the Ornish program this week. I had gone through traditional cardiac rehab right after surgery and was very successful. Over the past 5 years I’ve gained about 50 lbs and my health has declined due to stress, poor eating habits, busy life and not making myself a priority. I’ve decided to change that and my doctor recommended this program. I was wondering if anyone else has gone through it and what was your outcome?
I’m youngish at 36 years old and my other group participants are in their 60’s+ so it’s hard for me to find common ground with them and I am also the only female in the group.
I appreciate any insight anyone can provide.

I looked into it, but there was no nearby facility offering it. I have mixed feelings about it. I think it could be an excellent program if the people running the program are good.

Hello
I am 8 years post op mechanical AVR and just started the Ornish program this week. I had gone through traditional cardiac rehab right after surgery and was very successful. Over the past 5 years I’ve gained about 50 lbs and my health has declined due to stress, poor eating habits, busy life and not making myself a priority. I’ve decided to change that and my doctor recommended this program. I was wondering if anyone else has gone through it and what was your outcome?
I’m youngish at 36 years old and my other group participants are in their 60’s+ so it’s hard for me to find common ground with them and I am also the only female in the group.
I appreciate any insight anyone can provide.
I switched over to FAQ | Dr. Esselstyn's Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease Program which is much more strict than Ornish but worth it...Ornish also talks about social support and meditation which I do as well---Esselstyn is pure diet although he recommends B12 for vegans, D3 if needed and advocates exercise as well..All caffeine, fats, oils, animal products, alcohol, processed foods, etc etc out...Even soy - out- 2 much fat...Greens 6x a day is the core if it as well as keeping fat to 10% tops...Taking medications of course is ok...

Good for you! I think it is so much better to prevent disease through a healthy lifestyle than to try to fix it through medications, stents, surgeries, etc. I hope the program works out for you. If not perhaps there are other programs in your area or online that you could try.

Good for you! I think it is so much better to prevent disease through a healthy lifestyle than to try to fix it through medications, stents, surgeries, etc. I hope the program works out for you. If not perhaps there are other programs in your area or online that you could try.
It's great for me but I still see AVR in the future, mitral is a bit screwed up and I am waiting for a cure for High Lp(a) and low HDL...But I got off bp drugs, pulse and bp low, BMi and weight loww LDL down to 51 ! , troponin low, CrP low, digestion and hydration good, energy good, look great, A1C down, sodiun/fat.sugar intake down, look young, toned, trim, cut. etc..I am beach guy living in SE Asia, an actor and single so it all helps my confidence...Also exercise a lot and take care of skin, hair, body hair, grooming fashion etc etc

Latest posts

Back