Only 28 years for me...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, everyone.

It's a St. Jude mechanical I doubt that ANY tissue valve would have held up this long.

But, truth be told, the only thing that I did to hit 28 was to stay alive and keep my INR in range (well, for the last 10 years, I did). I see this more as a mere anniversary than an accomplishment.

I hope that this thing will keep working as long as I'm alive - so it may reach all the way to 28.1 years - or to 90 years (I hope not) - I don't expect it to fail - but, aside from watching INR, I'm doing little to keep it ticking.

But, again, thanks for the kind words.

Thanks, Dick. Agreed. It probably won't be an INR issue that finally does me in. (Of course, they may come out with a new 'replacement' for warfarin that is supposed to be better - and may kill of a lot of us old timers before they realize that their lab research on spiders didn't apply too closely to humans).

Practically a rookie compared to some. Congrats just the same!

I know I shouldn’t be, but I’m still annoyed that my aorta wrecked any chance at a long unbroken streak.

Congratulations and an inspiration to all of us! Thank you for your insights and activeness in this forum, your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Latest posts

Back