one year up date from Panama

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken taylor

Hi Folks ; Well it has been one year now. New up date is I have moved to Texas four months ago. I just wanted to be closer to Saint Lukes. Im still walking six miles a day I have lost 24 lbs . As you recall I want to go to Spain and walk 500 miles across Spain . El Camino De Santiago. But the cardiologist say no, to dangerous for me. Remember Im a symptomatic . My last E-co shows the valve is 0.97cm2 with mild arotic regurgation. The ascendind arota is Moderately dialated 4.1cm. Im ready for surgery but I guess ther not willing to do it until Im out walking and fall flat on my face. I told them OK but if I get damage to my heart by not doing the surgery now I gonna be mad . Blessings to all Ken

Good to hear from you Ken. Sounds like you are keeping close tabs on the Docs (and your condition).
Keep up the good work! I'll be watching for your updates.

'AL Capshaw'

Hey Ken, good to see you. Have you seen the surgeon again since you visited him last year? Good for you on the weight loss and the walking. Hopefully that will make your recovery a little easier when it does come time for surgery.

You will feel better being closer to medical help when you need it.Good to hear from you.

Hi, Ken, now that your valve area has dropped below 1.0 cm2 I would suggest you may want to speak with your surgeon. Cardiologists seem to want to string us along waiting for the perfect combination of symptoms but it is better for you not to wait any longer. Look, no Cardiologist is going to tell you that your valve is going to get better; it will only get worse. You are better off not waiting for the symptoms that leave you feeling very very sick. Surgery now is likely to be followed by an excellent recovery. Visiting the surgeon now is one of the tools you can use to nudge things into motion. Every day you wait, your heart is more stressed.

Larry

Another openion today

Another openion today

Today I met with another cardiologist in Tyler Texas. Guess what happened ? Same results. In fact He said that it would not be a suprise to him if I stayed just like I am for another 4 or 5 years. But there are no set rules. The best option is to continue to be checked every 6 months, and because im in great shape for a 61 year old , walking 6 miles a day . Surgery would be out of the question. Also any change would not cause perminent damage. So if twisted all the arms I want to twist so the cloud will always be over my head and on my mind but I will not let this big speed bump in life control me I will continue to eat drink and be happy WALKING!!! Blessings KEN

Today I met with another cardiologist in Tyler Texas. Guess what happened ? Same results. In fact He said that it would not be a suprise to him if I stayed just like I am for another 4 or 5 years. But there are no set rules. The best option is to continue to be checked every 6 months, and because im in great shape for a 61 year old , walking 6 miles a day . Surgery would be out of the question. Also any change would not cause perminent damage. So if twisted all the arms I want to twist so the cloud will always be over my head and on my mind but I will not let this big speed bump in life control me I will continue to eat drink and be happy WALKING!!! Blessings KEN

I've heard similar stories about other Mitral Valve Patients where their disease progressed to a moderate level and then just 'stagnated' for several years. So it goes. Be sure to Keep those Follow-Up Appointments!

ENJOY !

'AL Capshaw'

Back