One year today!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

So here it is one year ago at 11:00am I was laying in the bed with the heating fan blanket waiting to be taken downstairs for my artificial valve.

Today I am at work typing this clicking away like I have been for the last 365 days. It didn't get quieter like all the doctors said it would, its still rattles like an old model T ford when I try and run past 8.0 on my tread mill and yes it still races and stops and double clicks. My INR was stable for 7 months now its all over the place with no changes in my lifestyle so we are figuring out the new dosage.

Sounds like a shitty first year but it isn't that way at all.

I renovated my kitchen, went to Vegas and seen Rod Stewart perform at Cesar's Palace, that man can shake it for 72, and have booked the Reggae marathon for December 2nd in Jamaica. We are heading to Mexico for two weeks in February if the marathon doesn't kill me. So in short life does not stop just because you get your valve replaced and it doesn't turn out like it was planned. In fact I plan to have more fun now than in the past because I just don't give a crap anymore. Want to go skydiving ....sign me up, I will be dammed if another year goes by in my life where I worry about my fricken heart. I spent 39 years since the age of 11 thinking about my heart, checking my pulse worrying... well that ended one year ago at 11:00 am.

I hope to be writing a year from now with a list of new adventures, if not well that's the way my cards were dealt.

Paul

Sounds like an all around great year. Congrats. 8 mph? Man, that's no joke in one year, and looking at a marathon already. Impressive.

As far as getting quieter. Yeah, I'm afraid that's not a matter of getting quieter in months. More like years. There's still hope.

Still have to keep an eye on the ticker, but enjoy life just the same.

Thanks for the replies, I should clarify I'm not doing the full marathon just the 10k. But in Jamaica with the temp being 26 C It could be a challenge. I seen the add for the marathon before my surgery and I told my wife if I make it we will do the next one next winter... dam I'm still here so being a man of my word we booked it. The fact that we will be recovering in Sans Souci for a week after the run has nothing to do with it lol.

Paul

Wow what an encouraging post for all to read! Congrats on the year and your attitude and behavior! My year is November 1 and INR is doing the same. My new dosage looking good and I am hitting the road to AZ for some winter sunshine and lots of activity!

Keep up that great outlook and live well :)

Ok so I survived the marathon and today is my year two anniversary...WOOO HOOO. Sure I was peeing blood in Jamaica but its called runners bladder and after 16 hours it stopped. Other than that been to Mexico twice Vegas three times and heading back to both in a couple of months. LIFE GOES ON you just have to keep CLICKING away. I gave up on my Coagucheck system, dam thing read high all the time and just kept me worried....I figure if they can put a guy back together with a gun shot wound im sure they can figure our my INR. Yep I bruise easily but keep up a good tan and its all good lol,

That's it for this year....hope I can report back in another 365 days/

Paul

Paul;n885548 said:
Ok so I survived the marathon and today is my year two anniversary...WOOO HOOO. Sure I was peeing blood in Jamaica but its called runners bladder and after 16 hours it stopped. Other than that been to Mexico twice Vegas three times and heading back to both in a couple of months. LIFE GOES ON you just have to keep CLICKING away. I gave up on my Coagucheck system, dam thing read high all the time and just kept me worried....I figure if they can put a guy back together with a gun shot wound im sure they can figure our my INR. Yep I bruise easily but keep up a good tan and its all good lol,

That's it for this year....hope I can report back in another 365 days/

Paul

Congratulations Paul.

Not sure about peeing blood being runners bladder. I don't run and when I started peeing blood it was a bladder stone that needed removal. If I peed blood 'cause I ran, I'd swim :)

Hope your next 365 is just as fun.

Back