One year, one month after surgery.........

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malibu82

hey everyone. my scar has been through so many changes! i dont know if you could tell from my previous photos, but it was raised. so it was bothering me. i got that really "tight" feeling at times, and it was uncomfortable. itchy too. if my kids touched it, or scratched me accidentally there, it was SOOOOOO painful. so i told my dermatologist, and she injected it with kenalog. i have no painful feelings anymore, and it is flat. however, it might be slightly wider then it was previously which makes sense because if you think about it, if you had a rope, and flattened it, its going to be wider then it originally was. so now that i have it flat, i am going to get laser surgery to lighten up the scar next. so here are my

ONE YEAR, ONE MONTH PHOTOS!!!
IMG_9212.jpg

IMG_9213.jpg

IMG_9216.jpg

IMG_9211.jpg

Last edited:
sorry!!! i tried, but no way to not have cleavage when trying to show my scar!

p.s. i think my scar makes my chest look bigger! hahaha!

Last edited:
Hi. Your scar is looking great ... (so do you). I'm 4.5 months post-op and the scar is definitely twingey and ouchy at times but generally pretty good. Not mad on the look of it at times, but at others I try and wear it with pride. I do tend now to look for tops that would hide it rather than the v-necks I've always preferred. I've taken to wearing camis under v-necks, which works quite well.
I'm glad the dermatologist was able to help.
Cheers, Alli

lol! funny!

allison, it's very strange. last year, nobody asked me about my scar. this year, at least once a day i get someone asking me, oooohhh, what happened there?!?!
i think it is because after surgery i tried to cover it up and then the more i forget about it, the less i cover it! but then i have my daily remember of questions from the public. its also kind of fun because i get a few people telling me about their own heart surgery. i even had a guy last week who is waiting for a heart transplant! so it makes me realize i am lucky to be here, it could be worse!

I think it looks great..... I am so happy the treatment helped resolve the problems, you were dealing with. A Keloid scar, can form on our chest sometimes, as the skin moves/stretches.. when we breath. So I have done a few things, to help mine maintain it's flatness.... mine may hurt more at the top area, if adhesions have formed..... so I will keep gently massaging that area plus use a warm water bottle or heating pad to help alleviate scar tissue pain.

I am thinking like Allison though with mine........I am not worrying if my scarred cleavage offends anyone, nor is it embarrassing to me. It is my badge of courage and a small price to pay, for being alive. :) Most everything in my closet is low cut...I will replace the low-cut tops with "granny shirts" when I reach 100, just to conform to society's ideals of acceptability. ( Maybe)
Renee

Congrats on the one year mark and glad you are doing so well! When I see a OHS scar on others it's like I have to speak up, it's like we are related. I think it is a way for us to be supportive from time to time. And I can't agree more how fortunate we are that have recovered from OHS and are living life to the fullest!!!

Do you have any other scars? Mine doesn't bother me but I don't wear shirts where it can be seen. Hope the laser surgery can help but if not it's still all good!

Your scar looks pretty good to me. I'd be interested in knowing if your laser treatment works. I am almost 1 year post-op now, but if I put a pic of my chest online most people would throw up!

Hi, Malibu, how time flees. I, too, think your scar looks quite good now. Looking at your photos made me recall the discovery that is easier to see my own chest scar when lighted from the side. From the front, it is much less visible and it has lost its color. There are days now when I no longer notice it. I guess that is partially because it has become so familiar and it is no longer causing any odd sensations. In some ways, I am a little sorry to see it fade as it marks an important milestone in my life. I hope the rest of you is doing as well.

Larry
Tulsa, OK

Jackie, Madison and Dakota don't care about the scar they just love their mom and are happy you are here for them ....I am glad you are getting answers to your scar a I know it has long been bothersome for you ....addressing the clevage ...I have the same problems with my man boobs ....what ever happened to Kramer and George and the man bra

the%20bro-thumb-360x235.jpg

Has anyone watched Sons of Anarchy? Katey Sagal has a scar too but I am unable to find out if it's real or done for her character...It's very compelling to look at...I really like it!

Malibu, love this thread and the pics...scar looks great but that's partly due to the setting...lol..

Very interesting that the scar can be flattened out...I'm not even two weeks post op but I wish my incision were flatter...this was my second OHS,,,first was minimally invasive, small scar but was so much more painful believe it or not..

Obviously I have a long way to go but I will look into making my scar flatter if it turns out it doesn't happen naturally....

scar, what scar? LOL...just joking, please do not take offense...seriously, healing really nicely...will post mine shortly - 2 weeks post-op tomorrow...stay tuned

Back