one year follow up

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cldlhd

I had my one year follow up today and glad to report it was mostly a thumbs up . They confirmed my suspicion that a ct angio usually does show some calcification/ scar tissue one year post surgery due to endothelial damage and it's expected to stabilize now that everything is healed . My left ventricle has shrunk a bit back to normal size and the echo shows my lvef is about 60%. The echo I had 5 days post surgery showed a peak ejection fraction of 7.4 now it's 10.0 and my mean was 4.0 now it's 5.0. So celebrated with a nice meal and a few pints-cheers!

Great news, cldlhd. What had initially caused your left ventricle to increase a bit in size?

MethodAir;n862439 said:
Great news, cldlhd. What had initially caused your left ventricle to increase a bit in size?

My aortic valve had a small but highly turbulent leak. I assume now that the leak is fixed the left ventricle doesn't have to work as hard. They said it's back on normal range.

Back