One year follow up

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cldlhd

I was supposed to have my one year follow-up with my surgeon, Dr Joseph Bavaria, but I just received a letter yesterday that he was elected President of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons so apparently I'll be meeting with two of his nurse practitioners instead. Bit of a bummer as I had a few things I was looking forward to asking him. The nurse practitioners are qualified and more than competent but they're not the surgeon. I know there are a lot of people out here with worse problems but figured I'd vent a little.

I had my aortic valve repaired and my aneurysm replaced with a graft. Hard to say ,I felt pretty good at around 2 months. I remember because I was out of work for 3 and from what I recall the last month felt a bit like a vacation.

Chris, sorry you won't be seeing the superstar surgeon...you can probably get your questions answered if not by the NPs then in a follow up reply from JB himself. I met with Dr. Wheatley in October and I had a CT Angiogram....everything looked fine. BTW, how are you feeling now? I feel fine but I developed some arrhythmia about a month ago....wore a Holter ...I had PVCs and PACs but they seem to have mostly gone away now. Cardio said that I didn't have enough of them to worry about. Seems strange to develop them eight months post surgery.

Jim

skeptic49;n860952 said:
Chris, sorry you won't be seeing the superstar surgeon...you can probably get your questions answered if not by the NPs then in a follow up reply from JB himself. I met with Dr. Wheatley in October and I had a CT Angiogram....everything looked fine. BTW, how are you feeling now? I feel fine but I developed some arrhythmia about a month ago....wore a Holter ...I had PVCs and PACs but they seem to have mostly gone away now. Cardio said that I didn't have enough of them to worry about. Seems strange to develop them eight months post surgery.

Jim
Glad to hear everything looks well on your end. Ya I hear some people get responses from JB from emailing him directly so who knows. I feel fine physically, thanks for asking, but I'm feeling down as my aunt died last night.

Back