One year anniversary!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DachsieMom

One year ago today, I had surgery at Yale - a 21 mm St Jude mechanical conduit. An amazing journey. I found this board shortly before my surgery - you have all been invaluable. I was reading through my old texts from when I was in the hospital-. I seemed to be in much pain the first 2 days, then much better (dr said I was in more pain than average, as I am small so they had to spread my chest open wider). I don't remember the pain. Your brain must block it later! However, it was funny to read the old texts - you can clearly tell when I had pain meds! I'm only 42- so hoping for at least 50 more years of clicking away! Thanks to all.

Happy anniversary! I hope that you enjoy many, many, many more. It is fun to scroll back in time to see how you were feeling before and after your surgery. I forgot a lot of the tiny details from four years ago, and recently relived some of those moments through reading my old posts. Congrats.

Tom

A big congratulations on your anniversary! I agree that everyone here is wonderful and supportive. OHS is quite a journey and it's good to take it with people who have traveled that road ahead of us.

Yay! Happy first anniversary, dachsie mom. That first one is usually the most memorable one. May you have many happy returns of the day.

BTW, Cooker wanted me to ask you "Where's the cake?"

Back