One Year Anniversary and So Grateful...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guyinva

Today 10/6 I am celebrating the one year anniversary of my aortic valve replacement and aneurysm repair. What a year it has been. I can't believe that this year has gone by so fast and that so much has happened. In the past few days leading up to today, I have all kinds of emotions. This morning I woke up realizing just how lucky and blessed I am. God has truly blessed me with a new beginning. Life is too short. We take it for granted too often. And when we face something like this, it really puts everything in perspective. This experience has surely given me a different outlook on life.

To everyone out there that answered all my silly questions last year, THANK YOU! I am so glad I found this group when I was facing my surgery. It was and continues to be an invaluable resource.

For those out there that are still facing surgery, keep your spirits high and your family and friends close by. Be comfortable and make sure you have confidence in your surgeon and medical staff that surrounds you.

Most of all, remember to thank God for the new beginning and live your life to the fullest.

Kip

Congrats Kip, Mine is on the 12th of Oct, Life has changed for me since my last surgery, my belief in God and destiny has strengthened a lot since then. Life's perspective has taken a U turn, Wish you many more anniversaries...!!

It's been a year since my surgery and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Within days of my surgery I was stricken with vestibular neuritis and will have to live with that for the rest of my life. Despite being very active and running 20 miles a week, my quality of life is much worse now than before the surgery. And since I choose a tissue valve, I can look forward to another surprise when the next surgery rolls around, if I live that long.

Latest posts

Back