one week left!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy

Hi all, I am back and feeling better than last week! I figure I have a week left before my surgery, I am going to spend it looking forward to my long life that I have ahead of me!!!!! About 40 years ago, I wouldn't have made it this far, and look at the technologies they have where they can save a life now! I will be off the operating table by this time next week and in the ICU. My preop is on Thursday, and I will be back on sunday! I am not afraid...pain doesn't scare me, I am a strong healer. I have my family that loves me here and that's all I need. Well, that and a night out without the kids, which I am getting when my mom gets here. I am going to live life to the fullest. Life's too short to think about the end ever coming! Well, have fun, I am going to clean the house, and make lunch. Have a great day! :D :D :D

Electronic Prayer Chain

Electronic Prayer Chain

Hang tough. Joy!

We'll be thinking of you and praying for you for the best!

Has anybody ever thought of this site as being kind of like an "electronic prayer chain?" Pretty amazing!

And, who could do this without family?! Yours sounds wonderful!

God Bless!

PerryA
MV/AV replacement
St. Jude's Mechanical
4-17-00

Hi Joy,

Glad you're feeling better! You are absolutely correct about the technology today. Forty years ago our chances wouldn't have been as good. 25 years ago(1976) my father was told he needed a triple bypass. He wasn't very optimistic so he opted not to have the surgery and passed away in 1978. I'm glad I put more faith in our modern technology.
A supportive family and a positive attitude really does help. i had the same attitude you do when i was having my surgery. I do believe in living life to the fullest!:) Why dwell on the end, when we live in the present.
I will be saying a prayer when you have you're surgery as I'm sure everyone will. Keep us informed and God Bless!

How can you not do well with your great attitude. All the best to you.

Joy - I like your great positive attitude. Technology is great and like yourself I just looked forward to things I would do during recovery. You are also right about the pain. I didn't take any morphine after the initial dose, I don't even remember any pain (I had my surgery 6 months ago). So good luck with this and you will be in my prayers.

Back