One week home

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_MiG-19

Well after one week INR measured at 2.9! I was initially told that the "Goldilocks Zone" would be 2.5-3.5 and when averaged that comes out as 3.0. I figure that's not too bad.
I am worrying a bit about the Beta blocker has my heart rate a little low IMO but that's IMO. Perhaps they are thinking that a lower HR would facilitate more solid healing. Blood Ox staying up there :)

Ya how is it in Alabama, we got about 4" of s now outside Philly. I guess that's about 8 cm or so to Canadians? Good to here you're hitting your target. As for the beta blockers I was on them for the year before my surgery but I was surprised ( pleasantly ) that I wasn't put on them after surgery, I figured I'd be on them at least temporarily. If your BP and heart rate are good they might take you off them eventually. I'm not nearly as experienced as others out here but in my limited experience I've come to the conclusion that if it's a judgment call some doctors err on the side of putting you on them " just to be on the safe side" while others won't.

My heart rate was rather fast after surgery so I was on beta blockers. Within a month or so my heart was getting back to normal so the beta blockers were making my heart pretty slow. I was getting increasingly dizzy when standing up so contacted the Dr. who lowered the dosage. You want your heart slowed down some, but not so much that you are at risk of passing out.

Latest posts

Back