One step closer to flying!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerrychuck

Had a very encouraging visit with my cardiologist yesterday with regard to getting my flying medical back; echo shows 53% EF (Transport Canada requires 50%), loop monitor showed only mild occasional paroxysmal a fib (reduced since with a slight increase in metoprolol), and my CHADS2 and Bleed scale scores are both 0. He will write a consult report to Transport stating I am low risk for stroke. All of this meets the criteria for my medical being reinstated, so once those reports go in I will be holding my breath and crossing my fingers that the Civil Aviation Medicine boys in Edmonton agree. Hopefully I'll be airborne again by 6 months post-op (April 20)!

Woo hoo! That sounds like great news all the way around.
I will also keep my 'toes' crossed for you as well. Hope to hear that you are airborne soon!
Keep us posted!

Will do, Oilman. I better get my medical back; I started spending money on aviation today - bought a used fighter helmet (my concession to anticoagulation, plus it looks cool) on ebay:)

Congrats! And now we need a pic of you in that helmet!!!

Old guy wannabe jet jocks make for sad pictures lol. Maybe I could get away with it if I pose with my son wearing his identical helmet which he wore every day flying T-38's in Texas. He's 24, and the real deal - he instructs on the Harvard II (T6 in the USA) for the RCAF as his day job. Maybe with him in the picture some of his credibility would rub off on me....

Back