One Month Post Op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LeslieD

I had my follow up with the Cardiologist and surgeon and everything is moving right along. I start rehab on Monday. I'm still having issues with sleeping due to soreness still around my chest. Everyday gets easier and I'm thankful for all my friends and being given the opportunity to live a longer life on this earth.

For those of you that are awaiting surgery. Waiting is hard and recovery isn't fun but being able to breathe and get energy back makes it all worth it!

Leslie Dellinger:)
Aortic Stenosis
Ross Procedure 7/26

You will be amazed

You will be amazed

Hi Leslie,

You will be amazed at how fast your list of problems shrinks. The pains start to go away. The help required diminishes. The doubts and worries in your mind vanish. The body is a miracle and it's ability to heal itself is abaolutely astonishing. I'm happy to hear that you are doing so well and hope that you keep us posted.

Congratulations Leslie

Congratulations Leslie

Congratulations! Sounds as if things are falling nicely into place, pretty soon it will be 6 months and then a year and you'll be better than new. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the tip, Leslie.

As soon as I think I have the 'waiting game' under control, I realize how fragile my center of balance really is. I am getting closer now to a surgery date and am meeting with a surgeon in Missoula this Thursday. I had numerous false starts with several different doctors and I think all of the change added to the intensity and frustration of waiting. Surgery could now be, (if I meet all the criteria), as feasibly close as 3-4 weeks away.

Even that sounds like a long way away. I welcome the time, though. There are so many little things I want to get done before surgery...show my husband how to balance a check register....tell him how to get access into the computer, etc, etc, etc. I am thinking the time will go by fast and I still won't get all the little things finished.

It is a pleasure to hear from everyone that has taken the leap of surgery and returned to tell about it. This ordeal would be far scarier if one was doing it alone and without the support of the 'have beens'. For now, I'm just a 'wanna be'. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Deb

Back