On the otherside - Cleveland Clinic AVR Aug 9

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooray Pat!

Sleep when you can, walk when you can, and keep that positive attitude always as you heal.

Doug

smiley1467.gif
WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO
cool.gif
Pat..... baby steps then walk then run BUT BABY STEPS FIRST

I am still here. going in and out of afib. Around 60 beatsmetime and 115 or more other times. Still very dizzy and just getting over the nasea. I mack truck did hit me - I amsure. I have only walked a few times, mostly to the restroom. I thought today was going to be better, but not much. The food is very bland. I got a fruit cup and rool today from my friend. Trying to eat so I can have a BM.

Is a much worse operation to me than a hip replacement - guess that ony my observation. I have amini incision. Hope things get better soon. They arfe going to put me on comidin soon.

I am having a hard time getting onthe site from my Droid phone and almost as hard time from my computer. Don'[t think my brain isworking well yet. Weill stay 2 extra days in C;leve;amd when I am released. Not taking much pain meds.

That's the short report. Look out here comes that Mack truck again.

Pat in Cleveland.

hang in there it will get better soon. put some spike strips down and stop that truck!

Those first few post-op days were pretty rough for many of us, me included. And the post-op A-fib knocked me off my socks, until they gave me Sotalol and magnesium IVs.

There's a breathing instrument called a SPIROMETER; and if they give you one with instructions to use it, be sure you do. It can be extremely helpful. After my first surgery, I (in my youth) thought what a nuisance the dumb thing was :rolleyes2: but after my valve replacement, I used that thing exactly as instructed and I'm sure it helped me in my recovery.

Hoping tomorrow will be a much better day for you :)

Pat, so glad your surgery is over with and you are on the road to recuperation. I am sure you will have your share of those "Mack Truck" days. Three weeks since Colin's surgery and yesterday he slept almost the entire day. Today, he feels pretty good. He is realizing it will take awhile to get back to normal and is letting us pamper him. I hope you get lots of good pampering too! Take care of yourself, Barb :)

Sorry your recovery is going a little rough. afib sucks - I remember it vividly. I'm sure they'll give you something (if they haven't already) to get that under control. And everything else will start to get better soon too. I'm sure you're past the worst part now, and things will start to get noticeably better every day soon. Hang in there!

Oh, and I was gonna mention, make sure to keep up with the pain meds! Don't be shy about taking those. They convinced me (and I'm glad they did) to take them even if I wasn't sure I needed them - it helps you "stay ahead" of the pain, which is important so you can do your breathing and walking (which are both VERY important)!

Hi Pat, sorry to hear things are rough, just remember your in the best place to be in your condition. You press that nurse call button as much as you need to. I had to learn not to be shy about that.

So glad to see that you made it to the other side. Some of us have been through some rather bumpy recoveries but you will start feeling much better eventually!

So hang in there & don't expect too much too soon.....easy does it! :)

Pat,
Don't be modest with the pain meds. It's far better for you to have less pain than it is to endure it. This is no time to be stoic.

No other surgery can prepare you for what this is like. I had no idea it would be so difficult afterwards. I remember telling my cardiologist somewhere around the 3rd or 4th day after surgery, that back surgery was a romp in the park compared to this.

Back