On the other side

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil

I'm here and it feels nice. Today is day 5. The surgery went for 7 hours as he had to also replace a lot of the aortic root and there was a tear in one of the leaflets. He was surprised it took so long and as result it feels much harder than the surgery I had 11 years ago. I suspect age has some bearing on this. Doing my laps, attending physio and doing my best to get over things. Yesterday I felt really emotional and spent a large part of the day in tears - it felt uncool, but they were there and needed to be shed. I'll write again in the coming week. Again, thanks to those who provided pre-surgery advice and support.

Phil.

So glad you are on the 'recovery' side of things! Be gentle with yourself and take things one day at a time. Baby steps are good. :) You know the drill...rest, walk and eat. I think many of us are emotional getting over 'the hump' with the anticipation leading up to the 'big day'. This is your second time around...you are entitled to shed a tear or more! Bravo...you did it.

Congratulations on a successful surgery. My first time and I'm on day 11. Taking it one day at a time and generally each day is a little easier.

Welcome back Phil, I am on day 9 of recovery. You can cry if you wanna. It is your recovery and you can do it anyway you want. Just know we will be here to encourage you onward and upward. That means you gotta breath, walk, eat and sleep. Hop to it my man! You can do it! Just remember slow and easy, that part is hard for me sometimes. Good luck with your recovery.

Back