on the low end again

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhayley

Happy Friday to you and I hope all is well. My INR's have been beautiful for quite the time until today when I tested 1.9.
I have my own machine so I test weekly (although the clinic wants me to test once a month) just to make sure. Im a make sure kinda gal.:eek:
When I call my results in on a day that the clinic doesnt have me sceduled to report they are kinda....well should I say they are BUSY! I feel bad but I think I should tell them and get adjustments. I am now confident enough to start managing my own coumadin however I need to know if this is something I can do. I know there are some of you that manage your own (please O please AL will you post) and at 1.9 I would dose myself tonight by adding an additional 2.5 on top of my 5.0. Would this be correct....and then test again next Friday? I want to learn this and be MORE independant with my dosing. Thank You and have a groovie day:D

What is your full week schedule?

What was your last INR? If it was in range and you've made no major changes in diet or excercise, I'd test again. May be a bad result.

Hi Kitty

Hi Kitty

My weekly dose is sun, wed, fri =5.0
mon, tues,thurs, sat=2.5
Last Friday my INR was a glorious 3.0.......yes I sang!
I have taken half of a hydrocodone 3x's this week for groin/leg pain (MRI results today at 1130am wooo hoooo) and started a calcium/magnesium/potassium supplements along with a lil benefiber in my morning decaff:mad: Other than the usual smart mouth and selfishness nothing much has changed:D

p.s.

p.s.

Oh and yes I did retest immediately following and came up with the same exact number. Thanks again and hopefully Al will be kind enough to also chime in at some point.:)

imhayley said:
started a calcium/magnesium/potassium supplements along with a lil benefiber in my morning decaff:mad:
Your answer may lay right here. Is there any Vit K in this supplement listed on the label? Perhaps this additional fiber is drawing some needed bacteria out of your system?

If you go two tests back to back with 1.9, then I'd go ahead and increase it by 10% and retest in a week. That would make it 33mg over the week, but I'd just go with 35mg or 5mg everyday.

(Bugle blowing Charge) The Cavalry to the rescue.

Either and extra 2.5 or 5 tonight.

Do you take the warfarin about the same time as the Benefiber? Fiber can bind the warfarin and keep it from being absorbed.

allodwick said:
(Bugle blowing Charge) The Cavalry to the rescue.

Either and extra 2.5 or 5 tonight.

Do you take the warfarin about the same time as the Benefiber? Fiber can bind the warfarin and keep it from being absorbed.
I take 1 tbs in the am and take my warfarin in the pm. THANK YOU sir and I will pay any thing to get advice from you! I truly mean that too!:) Have a wonderful day and thanks again for the rescue!

Latest posts

Back